• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JVM users!

How many do we have on the SDUGF?

What do you love about this amp?

What do you hate?

Re: Marshall JVM users!

JVM410H owner here. I love the flexibility of the amp and it sounds great. I don't hate anything about it that I can think of.

Comment

Jolly, I played a JVM 210H today in a music store, and frankly I was pleasantly surprised with how much beef and high gain crunch it could put out.

I did, however, notice that the channel selector/green-orange-red switches seemed very flimsy and cheap. Any reliability issues there?

I'm considering it or the 410H as my next amp purchase.

Comment

i owned a 410H and a 205H. if i bought another one it would be the 410 you have more options plus they changed some of the channels on the 210/205's.

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
          I did, however, notice that the channel selector/green-orange-red switches seemed very flimsy and cheap. Any reliability issues there?
          I never even use those. I just use the footswitch.

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
            i owned a 410H and a 205H. if i bought another one it would be the 410 you have more options plus they changed some of the channels on the 210/205's.
            Looking through the manuals I believe that the extra options on the 410 would be more to my liking!

Apparently they change up the tone stack for some of the more hi-gain ones that aren't included on the 205H.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
              I never even use those. I just use the footswitch.
              I was thinking that, I'd probably end up changing channels with a footswitch more than actually touching the amp.

They do seem flimsy though!

Comment

How do you guys feel about using Marshall Cabs with them though, do you think its a good match, or would something a little more powerful be a good idea?

Comment

i used a marshall 4x12 with the 410 and an orange 2x12 with the 205. they both sounded good with the vintage 30's.

Comment

410 owner here.

Yes the channel select switches do not inspire confidence. Though as Jolly said..you probably won't even use them.

The footswitch is nice in that it does a lot and only requires a regular 1/4" cable...either guitar or speaker. But who ever decided to put the LED indicators in a small box at the top corner of the box should be shot! Hello! How about putting the LED indicators above the switch it indicates!?

The amp sounds massive and awesome. I'm running a 2x12 with V30's. I can stun small animals at 100 yards!

Comment

compressed! 205
                      tone slut
                      Marshall DSL 40C
                      Fender EVH Striped Series
                      Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
                      Fender Squier Tele Affinity
                      Mogami cables

Comment

Originally posted by ken361 View Post
                        compressed! 205
                        They're compressed if you use a ton of gain and play them at speaking levels. They're not if you crank them.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                          They're compressed if you use a ton of gain and play them at speaking levels. They're not if you crank them.
                          the 205 was the other way around for me, lower volume was smoother
                          tone slut
                          Marshall DSL 40C
                          Fender EVH Striped Series
                          Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
                          Fender Squier Tele Affinity
                          Mogami cables

Comment

Originally posted by ken361 View Post
                            the 205 was the other way around for me, lower volume was smoother
                            That's interesting. I've never played a 205.

When I first got my 410H, the only cabinet I had to play through it was my 5150 cabinet. It sounded ok I guess, but not the sound really I was after. Then a buddy let me borrow his Vintage 30 Marshall cabinet, and I couldn't stand the way that sounded. Then I got the 1960 cabinets loaded with G12T-75's and it was perfect for what I wanted to hear. I ended up reading later that those amps were designed around and with those cabinets and speakers in mind for the most part.

Comment

210H owner here.

Things I love: The versatility, the range of great tones is excellent. The clean channel IMO is the best I've heard out of a Marshall. The crunch red channel is freakin' killer. Takes pedals well. The loops are great. The digital reverb sounds great (certainly better than any other Marshall verb I've heard).

Things I don't love: Knobs and switches do not feel solid at all. I feel like I have to be gentle with them. For the money they charge for this amp they should be rock solid and mounted on the chassis, not the PCB.

It's way harder to dial in than past Marshalls, more like a Mesa in that regard (though not as bad). I do realize that this is the price you have to pay for the versatility.

All in all it's a winner. It may have cured my G.A.S. as far as amp heads go. Every time I see a head for sale now I think to myself, "that might be cool to have but would I like it better than the JVM? Probably not"
                              Donnie
                              ---------
                              VVT Raptor 60W

Comment

Working...
                              X