NAD: Bogner Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Bogner Content

So, a couple of weeks ago I got a good deal on an Egnater Rebel 20 + matching 1x12 cab... Altogether I had about $350 worth of cash and pedals into it... Pretty much a steal in my book!

I flipped JUST THE HEAD for an Egnater Tweaker combo... Great deal for me, and I still had the 1x12 cab to mess around with.

Today I turned that Tweaker combo into a 2x12 Bogner Alchemist! (still have the 1x12 Rebel 20 cab)

I had heard a bunch of people talk about them, and almost all I had read and heard on YouTube was VERY positive, plus it was such a great deal for me I went for it. I know it's not the top-of-the-line Bogner, but it's most of the way there.

Unfortunately I got home kinda late and had company so I haven't been able to run it through its paces, but I'm really excited to do so tomorrow!

This thing is a beast though, it's definitely heavier than my Pro Reverb. It's gotta be pushing 70-80lbs. (guess I could look it up, but I'm too lazy). That's actually why the guy I got it from said he was looking to trade it. It's in beautiful condition though, the guy said he's gigged it maybe a couple of times and it's been in his house almost the entire year he's owned it (bought it new). Instruction manual included as well as the footswitch (pretty good shape) and the stock Greenback and G12H30.

Anyway, if anyone's got some info about them, favorite settings, etc. I'd love to hear what ya think! I can't wait to put a hurting on it tomorrow!

Enough time wasting... here's the pics. (sorry about the crappy iPhone pics, couldn't find the digital camera)

Last edited by andrizzle; 01-21-2011, 06:45 AM.

www.guardiancustoms.com

Re: NAD: Bogner Content

Damn, you made out!

Comment

That may be a typo, but that is a G12H in there, not a V30.

Those two speakers sound great together!

Congrats!
      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Yeah, the speakers alone cost as much as a Tweaker.

I have a feeling you'll dig the amp. It's sort of like the Shiva's Chinese cousin.
        It looks like you've been busy trading. Is this from forums or Craigslist, or both?

One setting I like is single coils on the clean channel with boost on.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Very nice dealing!

Cool amp too!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I think you owe the guy you traded about $200 LOL. Very nice score. I'm really wanting one cuz they sound good and have a lot versatility to them. Of course I want a Shiva, GJ's white chassis XTC 101b, an Uberschall, and the new Panama.

I suppose I'll be looking for one of these on the used market sometime this year though so make sure you do a great review on this and get some clips if ya can! They do sound really well! Since they're Chinese made, we should call them "The Chogner Alchemist"!
            Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
              That may be a typo, but that is a G12H in there, not a V30.

Those two speakers sound great together!

Congrats!
              You are right sir, I fixed it in the OP... I guess while I was typing it last night, I was thinking about the extra Vintage 30 I have lying around that I might try and mix and match in there.

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
              Yeah, the speakers alone cost as much as a Tweaker.

I have a feeling you'll dig the amp. It's sort of like the Shiva's Chinese cousin.
              It looks like you've been busy trading. Is this from forums or Craigslist, or both?

One setting I like is single coils on the clean channel with boost on.
              The first was a TGP purchase, the rest were Craigslist findings. I actually put the Tweaker out there for sale/trade, I was offered a Mesa F50 (the guy wanted $225 on top) and then the Bogner came up for a straight trade and since I wasn't interested in adding any cash it was just too good to turn down!

I'm actually really looking forward to the clean channel and since I play a strat, your suggestion is awesome! I've heard a couple of clips on YouTube that make me think I'm in for a treat.

One more thing I'd like to add is that I really appreciate the footswitch being XLR (mic) cabling. I have a friend that has one of the upper-line Mesa Boogie's and he's got some sort of MIDI cable that connects his footswitch. While that's not that big of a deal in some settings. When you're running your amp into an off-stage amp box that can be up to 50 ft. away (church gig settings) buying that long of a MIDI cable can get really expensive really quick (it wasn't normal MIDI cabling either if I remember correctly). I have a lot of XLR's laying around the house, and they're easy to daisy chain, so no worries on having to buy more cable!

Originally posted by 9finger View Post
              I think you owe the guy you traded about $200 LOL. Very nice score.
              Haha, yeah, you may be right... then again I may "owe" him more than that. I've seen them go for as little as about $550 but one just went for $860 on eBay on January 18th.

Last edited by andrizzle; 01-21-2011, 10:27 AM.

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

Nice score. Can I come over to "try them out"? Give me your address and your work schedule.
                I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

the only thing that put me down of getting the Alchemist head is the parallel loop.

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
                    the only thing that put me down of getting the Alchemist head is the parallel loop.
                    Yeah, that is a bit of a turn-off... I don't really use the loop that often, but it is annoying that I'll have to crank the effect-out on any pedals if I do decide to use it. That's kind of obnoxious

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

I am proud of my young student. Good wheeling and dealing bro! I have taught you well. (j/k of course. You are much smarter than me.)

Now get your butt out there and turn that Boogerner into a SF Fender!
                      I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

That amp looks like a beast. Interesting small package for a 2-12".

Comment

Originally posted by andrizzle View Post
                          Yeah, that is a bit of a turn-off... I don't really use the loop that often, but it is annoying that I'll have to crank the effect-out on any pedals if I do decide to use it. That's kind of obnoxious
                          The Alchemist has been around for a while. I don't think it woyuld be difficult to mod the fx loop... I did it with my Boogie DC-5 and it was quite simple mod.

Comment

lol @ Boogerner.

When I tried one in the store, I found that I'd most likely leave it on the crunch setting for the clean channel, so I'd have to pull back on the guitar to completely clean it up, then on the lead channel, I just found the closest tone I could to the other side, just with more OD.

I swear, that thing has so many switching options, that it almost makes the Tweaker look simple.
                            - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                            Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                            The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

I absolutely love the clean chanel sound. Very rich. And the crunch setting on the clean chanel is perfect. I wish that the foot controller had a switch to change between clean and crunch on the clean chanel.

Is this possible?

Anyone know if you can mod the footswitch to do this, either by adding another switch or using an existing one (say the reverb switch)?
                              Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X