Custom Boutique Amp From The Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Boutique Amp From The Show

I was impressed with one of the local boutique amp builders upon looking at his amps yesterday...Some very meticulous work inside this one amp he had on display and it sounded really good at lower volume levels also...Notice the trimmer pots that allow you to adjust/tweak the tone stack in this amp....Pretty cool..

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Custom Boutique Amp From The Show

6550 power valves?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      6550 power valves?
      6L6s...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
        6L6s...
        Interesting ... how is the gain on it? The workmanship is immaculate!

Comment

It does look impressive!
          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

It's a Dumble Overdriver Special clone...looks to be mostly from a kit.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Yup, a HRM Dumble Overdrive Special clone, Ceriatone or Brown Note kit I'd guess.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                It's a Dumble Overdriver Special clone...looks to be mostly from a kit.
                Blah ... friend of mine has that amp, and I hate it!

Comment

Blah ... friend of mine has that amp, and I hate it!
                  I played though a real Dumble ODS at a guitar show a few years back...not at all impressed...
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                    I played though a real Dumble ODS at a guitar show a few years back...not at all impressed...
                    So did I at last year's NY Amp Show. Sucked the big one! Quite liked the Trainwreck, but not $40K liked lol. Still want a Komet, tho!

Comment

So did I at last year's NY Amp Show. Sucked the big one! Quite liked the Trainwreck, but not $40K liked lol. Still want a Komet, tho!
                      Yeah, I dunno...the same show that had the Dumbles there was a guy here demoing a Trainwreck Express...I didn't play that one but I did sit and listen to him a fair bit whielhe played though it...I'll pass on those too...I think a small box plexi Marshall will do everything an Express will do and then some.

I know some people think thats crazy but for me there is no point in the Dumble/Trainwreck thing...those amps just left me wondering what all the fuss was about...

Comment

I've played 'wrecks that I've LOVED, and 'wrecks that I thought were headache-inducing. Dumble gives me a headache every time ...

I've universally loved the Komet, however.

Comment

Working...
                        X