Shape Shifter issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shape Shifter issue...

Hey guys! I love my Shape Shifter, but just recently I am getting a faint noise that replicates the cycle rate of the trem. It goes away when bypassed, but returns when engaged and sitting idle with no guitar signal running through it. Thoughts/ideas?
    Last edited by JumpMarine; 01-27-2011, 05:35 PM.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Shape Shifter issue...

I had that problem once, but it turned out to be my power supply. I was running too many pedals from a Dunlop DC Brick and Boss NS-2 daisy chain back then.

I switched to a BBE Supa Charger and used less pedals and all was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by wickenspoet View Post
      I had that problem once, but it turned out to be my power supply. I was running too many pedals from a Dunlop DC Brick and Boss NS-2 daisy chain back then.

I switched to a BBE Supa Charger and used less pedals and all was fine.
      I wouldn't think that it was an issue as I am running a PP2+ and not at full capacity, but I will check it anyway.
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Just tried with and without the PP2+ and a new battery. No change at all. It's strange I listened closer and when you hit a note the replicant noise gets less and then as the note fades away gets noticeably louder at idle. The timing until it gets louder after the note fades away is consistent each time. Very digital sounding.

Comment

Anyone else? Frank?

Comment

Guess that I will just grab a Supa Trem and call it a night.......

Comment

Just get a return authorization number. I'm sure they'll hook up a long time forum member, warranty or not.

There's other trem pedals out there, but I really like how the Shape Shifter gives you control over the pulse.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

If you have to have the tap tempo...

If no tap tempo is needed the Fulltone is a great unit, the Diaz is also quite good and I currently use an old MIJ Boss PN-2 since I didn't need tap tempo but did need stereo outs and a panning feature.

Also, if you just need a dirt simple tremolo the Boss TR-2 got a few upgrades a few years ago that corrected the volume drop and they can be had for $70 or less all day long and are rather cool too.
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Or...just give us a call and we'll take care of it. I don't know what would cause it, but something in the power supply chain makes sense. We'd be glad to take care of it for you.

Comment

Thanks Frank I'll shoot you the specifics!

Comment

I've got the same problem with my Shape Shifter, and it's escpecially noticable when you've got the gain on your amp turned up quite a bit. (well duh) But I play a one channel amp with the gain set high so that you can't miss it. Is there a way to fix this, replacing some resistors?

Comment

Working...
                      X