Early Cone Break Up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Cone Break Up???

thinking about getting an avatar 1x12 cab. i've got a blackstar 20 watt head. i may put a 25 watt green back in the cab. the web site says this about the speaker

"The Celestion Greenback will give this cabinet early cone break up for classic warm low wattage tone at 25 watts."

My question is do i want early cone break up or don't i?

I'm looking for an 80's type of metal sound (Lynch, Van Halen, Nuno)

Re: Early Cone Break Up???

I believe if you can find that page where George lists his his gear he was using the 25 watt GB's in the 80's. Unfortunately that page appears to not be on his current website.
    Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
    Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Hey, I play alot of the same stuff as you and I use a Marshall cab loaded with V30s and I love it. I don't know if you can order two types of speakers in one Avatar cab, but I've heard a combo of V30s and Greenbacks sound great.
      GuitarStv: O.o

Comment

do u know if since i have a 20 watt head maybe i need a lower watt speaker. the greenback is a 25 watt speaker, i thought it my go good with my low watt head. could my 20 watt head push a 75 watt speaker hard enough?

Comment

Your amp will push the 75's just fine. Even though I like the sound and feel of 75's, I think my next cab will have greenbacks. A 50w Marshall head through a quad of greenbacks is responsible for some of the most awesome guitar tones ever heard.

I think either greenbacks in your cab, or mix one with a V30 or a G12H-30 for some great low end.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
          X