Lunch Box Quandry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch Box Quandry

Has anyone here had much experience with the Mesa Trans Atlantic or the Carvin V3m? I'm getting too old to schlog around my Marshall all the time and I don't always need the volume level a big amp produces. I'm looking at picking up a lunchbox amp for smaller venues and have played the Mesa at a local music store, but not in a gig setting. I play mostly mid 60's through late 80's classic rock and was impressed with the way it nails the classic Vox, Fender and Marshall tones. I'm intrigued by Carvin's V3m, but it is so new, I haven't run across anyone who has tried it out in a real world setting. Is there anyone out there with any live performance experience with either of these? Any useful suggestions would be appreciated too.

Re: Lunch Box Quandry

I'm not even sure the V3m has started shipping yet. I know the demo vidz weren't all that inspiring, but they are videos so you have to take them for what they are.

A lot of people like the Egnater Tweaker, Orange Tiny Terror, and the smaller Jet City and Black Star amps, so those might be viable options to look for to.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

And don't forget the EAST Studio 2! (Unless clean headroom is a must)
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Or the ubiquitous Modded Valve Junior. The ones they sell now even have reverb.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
        Originally posted by Securb
        The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Working...
        X