TC Nova System: Any users out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Nova System: Any users out there?

I have been thinking of getting one of these and selling off my modulation and delay pedals. Are they worth the hype? I use a VL Analog Chorus, MXR Carbon Copy, Micro Boost, and Phase 90, and a Boss BF3. I just wondered if they sound good. I miss my tap tempo, and they look cool to use.

Re: TC Nova System: Any users out there?

Great delays etc, but the overdrive sounds are not a lot of fun. I was looking at getting one until i actually plugged and tried to dial in a good drive tone.
    IN the end i got a deja vu delay because it has all the mod cons like tap etc and it sounds great - even when its off.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I had one. The effects are great, but I got an M9 and am happier with it. You can't beat the overdrive and distortion of the TC, but I love how easy the M9 is to use through my effects loop.

One thing that I used to hate about the TC Nova System, and dislike about the M9 as well, is the fact that there is no power switch. You have to unplug it when you're not using it, or like I do and keep it plugged into a surge protector and turn off the surge protector when you're not using it.

I had two other gripes. One was the lack of a bypass. The other was that for some reason I could not get it to work through the FX loop of my Splawn Nitro even though everything else worked with my Nitro.

Comment

I my just go with an M9 for the effects. I really dont need the boost/od/distorion. I am mainly looking for some great delays/chorus/modulation.

Comment

TC verbs, delays, and modulation is top notch. I really liked my Nova System a LOT. But I got such a great deal on a G-System that I sold the NS. Another great thing about these TC multi-FX pedals is that they have intelligent pitch shifting. Works and sounds great! In regards to the Nova Drive portion of the NS, it took me some tweaking but I did get it to sound great -- very comparable to my modded TS9. But I ended-up using my NS in the loop of my Shiva, so when you use it in the loop you can't use the drive functions. Which was fine, because I ended-up using only my Fulltone OCD for OD needs (because it's my favorite).
          "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I have one as well. I love everything on it. I got this over the M13 due to the difference in quality over the effects, more definition and lush. Supposedly the effects are better than the ones in the original G force rack. Also the midi on it is stellar. You can control it or use it as a controller to change amps and loops. You can add effects loops to it via midi!

Comment

Originally posted by fatigueofheart View Post
              i have one as well. I love everything on it. I got this over the m13 due to the difference in quality over the effects, more definition and lush. Supposedly the effects are better than the ones in the original g force rack. Also the midi on it is stellar. You can control it or use it as a controller to change amps and loops. You can add effects loops to it via midi!
              +1
              tone slut
              Marshall DSL 40C
              Fender EVH Striped Series
              Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
              Fender Squier Tele Affinity
              Mogami cables

Comment

Working...
              X