Too many pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Too many pedals?

Funny thing is, I don't have an overdrive pedal on my board.
    Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

---Gearjoneser
    he was trying to convince her to swing.

That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

Comment

nice! no OD! well noone can accuse you of having too many of them!
      ps....can you list all your actively used pedals?
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Luckily, my playing doesn't have any nuances.
        ---------------------------
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

You can never have too many pedals.

Pedals turn me on.
          Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
          I dig the wood!

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
            nice! no OD! well noone can accuse you of having too many of them!
            ps....can you list all your actively used pedals?
            What I can remember, my board is at the practice space. Tuner, wah, phase 90, chorus, delay, octafuzz, q-zone, clean boost, reverb, tremolo, and a few others.
            Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

---Gearjoneser
            he was trying to convince her to swing.

That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

Comment

I never used more than three. Overdrive and delay, and chorus if needed. And i don't think i ever have more than two on at any given time.

For me, any more detracts from the basic sound whether on or off, and any more than two on at once does the same thing. Also it makes me think more about getting the variety from what i play and how i play it.

But hey, i'm old, i'm a dinosaur and probably don't know anything about anything.

In light of that, i'd recommend hundreds of pedals, with no less than sixty on at any given time.
              Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

lol...if you cant remeber whats on your board then maybe you do....!
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by blindedbysilence View Post
                  Funny thing is, I don't have an overdrive pedal on my board.
                  Then apply the same logic to the others.

Comment

If you don't think your tone is suffering as a result of all the pedals, don't worry about it

Comment

The trick it to have a lot of pedals and use them very sparingly. I usually use my Mesa Mark III or Mark IV with my band. I don't NEED a distortion pedal on the board, but I keep my old Real Tube 901 on there, just in case. Got my clean boost, tuner, compressor, wah, phasor, Harmonizer, chorus and a delay. The boost is always on, use the compressor and the delay quite a bit; but the others only get used 3-4 songs a night at the most. (Harmonizer--two songs.) And that's it. I do a Classic Rock and Blues cover band--but we do lots of Oldies, Classic Country and some Jazz...Originals too...a really wide range of music, for all age groups.

If you use a single channel amp, you might need more distortions. I was running two delays, and I know two guys that each use three delays on their boards. You just have to figure out what you're using, and what you need.

Good luck!

Bill
                      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                      X