• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg guitar amplifiers?

all tube guitars amp
    coming late summer 2011

http://www.ampeg.com/products/GVT/

Re: Ampeg guitar amplifiers?

yeow! great tone samples. . .how much? specs?

. . .can't wait. .

Comment

I used to own Ampeg V4 and VT22 amps.

Still own a SVT!
      Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
      When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
      Red Devils - 1% all the way!
      Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
      Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Once had both an SVT (a diesel engine disguised as a bass amp!) and a used VT-22, Magnavox era (made around '74 or something).

The VT-22 had split metal knobs. Twin-style, with two Kustom 12's installed.
        100 w/8 ohms, switchable down to 2 ohms.

Let me repeat that... switchable from eight down to two ohms.

Translation: this thing drove like a cement mixing truck.

Loud as a mofo! Never had it past 12 o'clock. I saw Hiram Bullock play one on the stage of the Beacon Theater (500+ seating), and he didn't need a mic.

Clean, took pedals well, nice EQ (bass/mid/high, switchable center freq, high boost/flat/cut), verb, adjustable bias trim pot on the back. All I needed was an old die-cast DOD 250 OD, a DOD phaser, a Boss chorus, a Dunlop Crybaby, a compressor, and I was done.

That thing was about 8 years old when I got it, and I swapped out all the tubes maybe twice. Other than that, it was practiced on and played almost daily with no complaints.

Quite stout; I put casters on the bottom, and the cab was so sturdy I could have put an engine on it and driven it into NY for my gigs.

If Loud Tech continues the build quality of the previous 50's/60's/early 70's items, you'll be rocking that thing for a while.

IMO, they only got wonky toward the end of Magnavox into early SLM (mid 70's - 80's). Mag was ditching everything but TVs, and SLM bought it because they wanted the high-end name to balance the Crate line on the low end.
        sigpic
        "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
        --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
        Originally posted by Lewguitar
        In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Working...
        X