banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well first clip of the 9v Plexitone.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well first clip of the 9v Plexitone.....

Getting there now.....
    Took it home to test it here as well....
    I revoiced it as well, more oldschool now, but still with that old bite, but more evenly eq'ed now.
    Same amount of dirt avaible, will feel louder due to the more pronounced mids, it has become more clear sounding as well, meaning it sticks more out, while not being unpleasent....
    Took a hint from an old 1987 50watter Plexi head instead.
    So it is not as glassy and wide as the old one...more wooden or something like that!

Dunno here is a clip, excuse the crappy playing, I am tired after a few rather long days...haha
    Used my JB strat and the Laney VC-15 110, delay is my Vox Time Machine.

http://soundcloud.com/nwintherkl/pro...exi-on-channel

Re: Well first clip of the 9v Plexitone.....

I agree. More solid sound, though I'm guessing you sacrifice a little headroom and dynamics by going 9v..? Not that we could tell with your playing though...! That was awfully tasty!

The old Plexitone is amazing but definitely sounds a lot better with a Marshall style amp (i.e. get a 'real feel' distortion channel at much lower volumes). This one seems like it'd be better suited to other amps.

How close/far to the Crush zone is it? I remember the CZ as being a nifty high gain distortion, a tiny bit edgy on the treble...

Comment

Who said it was 9v on the inside

Comment

:o

want!

Comment

nice playing, as always, I particularly like the hair on the tones in the second part of the clip! Huge & natural sounding!

Comment

Dam! This is going to be a very tough call! I absolutely love the original PT, but this one sounds just as good and better in some ways. I've been kicking around building 2 boards.....1 for the 80's HAIR RACK lol and another for the Marshall(and Mesa when I get around to buying another one)head/cab setup.

In your opinion which do you think would work better with what? The DSL already sounds really good, but I think a good EQ and the old PT would work wonders for it, but the pedal is so dam big, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where to put it on a board.

I'm trying to keep the rack sort of simple in terms of a board. It's basically going to have a wah, a couple dirt boxes, and a midi controller for channel changing and to control the MP-1's and Alesis Quadraverb(yes, I got one of the originals, not the Quadraverb2 lol).

Are the new PT's going to be smaller?
            Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Thanks
              Eh yeah it will be at the size of our regular line, compressor, Hot drive and boosts, and so on, not the old tall boxes, but the newer flat ones.
              It will be simple, three knobs, drive, tone, volume, no boost no extra channels...

Comment

Yeah one extra...just on the loose...
                Set for a more old tone!
                Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

Very nice mate!! I've just put mine back on my board to try with my Blackstar Dual for rehearsal on Weds!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Thanks...have fun....
                    Did you made your mind up on the change to it??

Comment

amazing tone! I appreciate the hairy fuzziness, nice playing

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                          Thanks...have fun....
                          Did you made your mind up on the change to it??
                          I'm gonna give it a blast at rehearsal tomorrow, and see what I think from there...

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Very nice, I really like it. I think I'll have to check one out once I get another single channel amp. I thought the playing was cool too.... maybe you should work longer and even harder? Ha ha

Comment

The first clip is very cool!
                              I met a guitarist in France. I was at home and he had a concert on the beach
                              I loooooved the tone and went to meet him. He had a plexitone as his drive and a twin Man, what a sound! I am proud of you Niels LOL
                              www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Working...
                              X