banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found my amp! AC30CC1 1x12 - Any tips on negotiating price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my amp! AC30CC1 1x12 - Any tips on negotiating price?

Found an AC30CC1 within a reasonable distance of me. The seller is asking 700.

What do you guys think?

I've been dying for an AC30 for sometime now, and finding a 1x12 is even better for me. I know they discontinued this model and wasn't sure I'd find one.

It is a craigslist listing. So I am trying to do my homework before making the drive for the amp.
    What are some questions I should ask the seller? Specific pics I should ask for? Also... what is absolute top dolllar I should pay? I don't want to low ball the guy but I'd always like to negotiate for a better deal.

Thanks for any help...
    Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Re: Found my amp! AC30CC1 1x12 - Any tips on negotiating price?

Did they ad have pics? If so, can you post em? Also can you copy and paste what his ad states. This would give us a better idea of questions you could ask. I can't log in to CL from my work computer.

Also, how much are you willing to spend?

For $300 dollars more than he's asking you can get a brand NEW VOX AC30 AND a FREE VOX AC4.

It's the 212 combo version w/ Greenbacks.

Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ✅ guaranteed low price, ✅ free shipping, ✅ 0% financing, ✅ 8% back in rewards.

I would recommend this route. It's always best to buy new if you can. CL (buying used) is hit or miss. You never know how a person treats equipment. With amps, some can be internal and you won't know until a month after the trade/purchase. I make out dealing with CL/Ebay/used stores usually, but been burned a few times.

Plus buying new allows you to score a free 4 watt tube amp which is awesome!
    Last edited by mwalluk; 04-08-2011, 06:13 AM.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

Wow... sweet deal.

Casnt swing the extra 300. But may go for the ac15. It comes with the bonus amp too...

Happy birthday to me!

Comment

Originally posted by beggar_guitar View Post
        Wow... sweet deal.

Casnt swing the extra 300. But may go for the ac15. It comes with the bonus amp too...

Happy birthday to me!

Happy bday man.

If your consolation is an AC15, well then you still make out. Ya the AC15 comes with it to. Truthfully, the Ac15 might fit you more being a 1x12.
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Originally posted by Gear Used
        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

I'm much happier with a 1x12. Kinda why I was excited about the AC30CC1.

I play at church and don't need anything big but I was wanting the 30 for the sake of having plenty of headroom.

Still I'm stoked. I've got one of my must have amps and a killer home practice amp.

Now to start saving to build up my pedal board...

Comment

Congrats!!

The AC15 was one of the amps on my shortlist. It lost out to the tweaker on flexibility (I run pedals for all my dirt) and also not having a loop, but the Vox tone is sweet and I love the AC part of the tweaker a lot.

Comment

Played the AC30C2 and AC15C1 and thought it was much better then AC30CC I have played and supposedly better build quality so would go for either one of them
              Gondola Kid
              Bandcamp
              Facebook
              JimijaymesGuitarist
              Youtube

Comment

Working...
              X