NPD and Pleasant Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD and Pleasant Surprise

I always like it when you purchase an item for a specific purpose and find out it can do so much more. Just happened to me.

I have been looking for a way to have two different effects loops and had been using an inexpensive dual A/B switch from Behringer to do this (AB200). I stopped by my local music store that happens to carry a good selection of used gear and they had just received a Radial loopbone.

http://www.tonebone.com/tb-loopbone.htm

Even used, it is not cheap, but it looked like it would do what I needed with less effort. Short answer it does, however this is the "so much more" part:

It has a variboost function and it has to be the cleanest boost I have ever heard. I was amazed. I have been using a SD Pickup booster and I have 0 complaints with it, However this does the same thing if not cleaner... I have not compared but I was very happy with what I heard. The loopbone also has something called a drag control and its basic function is to match your pickups to the amp for that natural straight plugged in sound. I had it set to center position with a dual humbucker Ibanez JetKing2 and well.....loving it.

I have not even started setting up the loops yet and I am already happy. What more can you ask!!!

I know this pedal has been out for a couple of years but its new to me and its a very happy discovery.

Brad

Re: NPD and Pleasant Surprise

cool man. radial makes good stuff

Comment

Working...
    X