Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Price on Mg series kinda Steep

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
    ...and can't turn his eyes off long enough to listen with his ears.
    Right on.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      Not only would I run from that price, but I wouldn't be willing to buy an MG at any price. In fact, I wouldn't even waste my time trying one out in a store.
      Have you tried the newer series? I have and they're not actually that bad. At least they don't have that annoying hum when you turn them on, thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer Guy View Post
        Have you tried the newer series? I have and they're not actually that bad. At least they don't have that annoying hum when you turn them on, thank god.
        That annoying hum was the best part of their tone.
        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
          How is this thread still alive?

No one with access to this forum is actually still considering buying one of those things, are they??
          When I started playing guitar about 3 years ago, I bought a Marshall MG-30DFX. Now, I want a new amp, but, first, I have to sell this one in order to get the money.

That's exactly where my problem lies: NO ONE wants this thing. I'm playing the guitar through amplitube lately, until I sell this thing.

Comment

I sold my MG30 for £30. An absurdly low price, probably, but it was to a good friend and I really needed that £30 for cigarettes and food and stuff.

The next week he used it live with his band.

It sounded ****ing great. No joke.
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

That's crazy. You can buy them on the internet or even any Guitar Center much cheaper. I don't get some dealer prices. If you look on Ebay, there is always some dealer selling the same thing everyone else does for 2x the price. The other day I was looking at some speakers and everyone had them for around $260 but one or two dealers were trying to sell them for $389! All they're doing is making Ebay richer because they are never going to sell at those prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                I sold my MG30 for £30. An absurdly low price, probably, but it was to a good friend and I really needed that £30 for cigarettes and food and stuff.

The next week he used it live with his band.

It sounded ****ing great. No joke.
                I heard a MG 50DFX live once and it sounded awesome too. Weird.

Comment

Rythm guitarist that was in our band had the half stack one and it was a POS. He was awful proud of it. The tone pots wouldn't work half the time and it sounded like crap. Most times our sound man would take him clear out of the mix, which didn't matter to him as he was drunk most of the time and didn't know.
                  Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
                    That annoying hum was the best part of their tone.
                    That annoying hum WAS the tone...
                    Last edited by guitfiddle; 05-14-2011, 12:06 AM.
                    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Working...
                    X