just curious--SRRI vs Deville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just curious--SRRI vs Deville

Speakers aside, running straight into the deville's clean channel vs the super reverb's. Mostly interested in the cranked OD tones, i've played both clean enough times to know the differences there

Also, volume difference? I know one's 45 watts and one's 60, but i've heard numerous people claim the bassman ri's are louder than devilles
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: just curious--SRRI vs Deville

Bump, I know at least one-a yous guys has experience with both
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Re: just curious--SRRI vs Deville

I had a 212 Deville. I made the mistake of plugging into an SRRI one day. I bought it within a week and then sold the Deville. They're not even close. The SRRI is a WAY better sounding amp in all ways. Even my wife, who knows nothing about gear or tone, sitting on the couch when I was A/B comparing both amps said, "the new one sounds way better." In the 10 years we've been together I can count on one hand the number of times she's expressed any opinion about how something sounds.

They're not in the same league. SRRI is way ahead in terms of tone, quality, design, and construction. I'm speaking as someone who's owned both. I still have the SRRI - you'll never separate me from that amp.
      -
      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
      X