banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaker suggestions for a Super Sonic 22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker suggestions for a Super Sonic 22?

I was thinking of a Texas Heat. The reviews are great and it sounds like it will give the Supersonic 22 what the stock speaker is missing. Which speaker would you choose?

Re: Speaker suggestions for a Super Sonic 22?

V12 legend, maybe? Texas Heat would be just as good though.
    Last edited by karpathion; 04-10-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karpathion View Post
      V12 legend, maybe? Texas Heat would be just though.
      How does the V12 Legend sound?

Comment

The TH. I love mine and I've really wanted to run a fender through my cab.
        Ibanez S520-> NS2->TS9 (Monte Allums Modded)->JCA100H->Emi Texas Heat 4x12

Comment

The Eminence Legend V128 guitar speaker brings home classic tone from across the pond. Balanced, more mellow British sound with warm, smooth mids and highs and tight lows. Angus steak at hamburger prices.

I don't know if you're in to electronics or not, but look at the graph in the lower left. It will tell you everything you need to know.

2kHz to about 4kHz is where it shines. Should have a real nice upper mid.
          Last edited by karpathion; 04-10-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

With my supersonic 60 i run a V30 and G12H-30. Two of either was too much, but the combo is nothing short of SWEET.

Comment

Originally posted by GLJazz View Post
              With my supersonic 60 i run a V30 and G12H-30. Two of either was too much, but the combo is nothing short of SWEET.
              I feel that, I have 2 governors in a 2x12. I should have mixed "A" governor with something else. that's alot of mid.

Comment

the texas heat is like a british kid who moved to the states at a young age. Clearly American but you still catch a bit of brit twang. its inefficient for a Emi product at 99db but the tone curve is all about mid punch and fat bass.

I like that speaker alot but it has nothing on the cannabis rex. that is if you can handle the massive shift in attack from the hemp cone. otherwise its the best clean sound ive witnessed. and the overdrive tones dont see much color in the way of breakup. just thick overtones from the hemp cone.

I'd also recommend the red white and blues...very nice for singing leads.

-B
                #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
                #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
                #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
                #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
                #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
                Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
                Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
                Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

I don't get the british flavor out of the TH's. My initial thought is very american sound. nice round bottom and sparkle highs, a good low mid chunk... could be the amps i've played and how i dial them in but i don't hear the british thing going on.

Comment

its mostly the way the mids are more like muscle.
                    #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
                    #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
                    #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
                    #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
                    #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
                    Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
                    Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
                    Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

Yeah I dont really get the from the texas heats. I guess its just me. I like the mids but the low end and cutting highs morph the mids into somthing that doesn't hit my ears as British.anyway imo it would be a great fender speaker

Comment

How would the Texas Heat perform for playing a lot of Joe Satriani covers?

Comment

Cannabis Rex. It seems to the current favorite for most people for 6V6s amps and I tend to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                            Cannabis Rex. It seems to the current favorite for most people for 6V6s amps and I tend to agree.
                            That and the Governor seem to be the most popular speakers. What's your description of the Cannabis Rex?

Comment

Working...
                            X