banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JB users-how do you like to EQ your amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JB users-how do you like to EQ your amps?

Originally posted by Jakek5150 View Post
    Well I only have one real amp which I have listed in my signature. The Blackstar.

I tried turning the mids and bass up, and it's working really well.

I checked your sig as I was about to ask. haha.. Im glad to hear you are happier with your tone! The JB gets a bad rap for being shrill. It cuts thru the band VERY well and is (in most cases) shrill if your amp isnt set right.

I was afraid when I started using a JB again that it would be too toppy, Nope. Or I didnt want to add too much mid or bass cuz I wanted an 80s metal or Evh type of tone, but Ive found that it has enough highs that you can flavor in the mids or bass sometimes liberally depending on the amp.. Ive never played a blackstar except the small one, but IIRC they are supposed to be "British " flavored..
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      I checked your sig as I was about to ask. haha.. Im glad to hear you are happier with your tone! The JB gets a bad rap for being shrill. It cuts thru the band VERY well and is (in most cases) shrill if your amp isnt set right.

I was afraid when I started using a JB again that it would be too toppy, Nope. Or I didnt want to add too much mid or bass cuz I wanted an 80s metal or Evh type of tone, but Ive found that it has enough highs that you can flavor in the mids or bass sometimes liberally depending on the amp.. Ive never played a blackstar except the small one, but IIRC they are supposed to be "British " flavored..
      Thanks man. You are dead on with trying to get that 80s/VH type tone and that one might not think to crank up the bass too much. I thought the same exact thing, but I learned from this thread to change it and it sounds so sweet,and there's no more shrill.
      GuitarStv: O.o

Comment

Originally posted by Stratman View Post
        I just love post like this where the post talks about amp setting, but does not mention the brand and model of the amp!
        Surprisingly, my settings seem to work on most amps, with just a bit of tweaking. That said, I'm a mostly a Marshall man.

Comment

Bass at 4 mids at 3 and treble at 7, Mig 100 head with a frankenstienish 412. Using the head as a clean channel.
          Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

You must specify if you're playing in a band or you're a bedroom rock hero. Eq is very different depending of the level you play and the speakers/cab you use (among many others variables). So, no... my eq isn't the same than yours.
            Last edited by crguti; 04-16-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X