speaker help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker help needed

I need help on speaker choice. the goal for this is pristine clean sound. I have the dirt -> a Twin Twelve through either its original cab or a univox 1x15.

This is going to be for a 1962 Fender Bandmaster...need t3h cleanz. It will be in a 2x12
    Originally posted by kilphody
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Re: speaker help needed

I have been researching speakers myself for the past week.
    I am looking for Fender cleans and so far I like the Jensens.
    http://jensentone.com/c12q.php
    Listen to the Jensen Jet series, sound awesome, but about xX the price. The Tornado JN10 is my favorite.
    Here is a great little sound clip that helped me hear how many speakers color the overall tone - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...songID=7261640
    Speakers are in order - Stock speaker.....Eminence Lil Buddy.....Weber10F150......Eminence Rajin Cajun......Eminence Copperhead
    I know they are 10" but I still learned something from it by listening.
    Good luck and post what you end up with !
    Last edited by Crane; 04-17-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

If you want ONLY CLEANS and are looking for something that won't color your sound hardly at all I'd go weber california with the metal dome.

If you do plan to use a little OD from time to time but still want that uncolored tone go for a cali with a paper dome

and if you want something more colored & a little more scooped that can still handle gain I'd opt for an eminence wizard
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

EV 12..the 200 watt job that they use in Mesas. You'll NEVER get it to break up.
        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Working...
        X