NPD (Swollen Pickle Content!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD (Swollen Pickle Content!!)

I've been working at Guitar Center for a little while now and yesterday I was finally able to take advantage of my employee discount, which is the only real perk to working at GC. On my day off I decided to go in to trade in my Rocktron OD, Dano Fuzz, and this nice acoustic pickup a guy at work gave to me.

So with the trade ins and the discount I paid 20 dollars for a Way Huge Swollen Pickle. Our discount is that we pay cost, which can sometimes be over 50%. I've been wanting a nice Fuzz and the Pickle has always had my attention. That's what she said...

I've never imagined a pedal with as much tweak ability. I'm sooo smitten with this thing. Does anyone here use one? What are some of the best settings you've found?
    Gear:
    Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
    Epi Dot Natural
    Partscaster blackie
    Breedlove Passport Mahogany
    VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
    Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Re: NPD (Swollen Pickle Content!!)

I fell in love with the pork loin
    Originally posted by Jay 77
    Other than hearing incredibly shaky, sucky playing it sounds like #2 is the Gibson and #1 sounds like it's a steaming #2.

Comment

I am so wanting a swollen pickle at the moment. There is a guy selling one + a loin and aqua puss for 400 (will do a deal for 375AUD including shipping) but I am thinking that is a bit steep second hand for 3 pedals (125 each)
      Gondola Kid
      Bandcamp
      Facebook
      JimijaymesGuitarist
      Youtube

Comment

Which GC are you working at? I'm in and out of the Union Square location frequently.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I have one. It's the new secret weapon to getting my tone. Those sludgy fuzz tones are cool on occasion, but what I use mine for is singing sustain on lead guitar. I set the two outside trim pots all the way up or close to it, and the tone at at least 3:00 if not all the way up. I run into a mildly overdriven amp, or I set the loudness to overdrive the amp a little. I set the sustain about halfway, but less if I don't need that much or if I'm using a guitar with a hot pickup, like my Peavey USA Limited.

The lead guitar in the clips below is my Peavey USA Limited with Duncan Live Wire vintage singles.
          Better Days
          The Sun and the Stillness
          Finally Let Go

The second half of this clip is my new PRS 305 through the Swollen Pickle.
          As in Art solos

Congrats on your Pickle purchase.
          "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
          Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
          guitar pic site
          Original prog rock on soundcloud
          Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
          Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Working...
          X