Amp Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Kits

Give me some names/websites to check out. Would like to build a low (<10W) wattage 6V6 or 6V6 amp. Would like to keep the cost of the kit to about $500.

Suggestions?
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Re: Amp Kits

Comment

With Weber you get what you pay for. If you have any wiggle room, get a Mission Amps 5E3 kit. I think pound for pound, Bruce offers the best parts and support you're going to find. He'll go out of his way to help when things don't go right. With Weber, you'll need to visit a forum for help. Mojo has kits as well.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Here's a few places to check out also.

*** Due to surge of orders, wait time is between forty eight (48) weeks to fifty two (52) weeks, depending on models.

Enjoy!

Comment

Lemme toss in Hoffman Amps, too.
          Because... well, because he's in a place called Pisgah Forest and that's kinda funny.

MM
          MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
          Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

is modding an amp easy?
            Originally posted by Jay 77
            Other than hearing incredibly shaky, sucky playing it sounds like #2 is the Gibson and #1 sounds like it's a steaming #2.

Comment

Depends on the amp, the mod and your experience.

Simple cap changes are pretty straight forward. Swapping out a transformer or changing the circuit, not so much.

MM
              MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
              Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

I've built an AX84 Hi-Octane amp. it was fun and it sounds great.
                Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
                Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
                I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
                Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
                Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
                Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
                Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
                Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                  Give me some names/websites to check out. Would like to build a low (<10W) wattage 6V6 or 6V6 amp. Would like to keep the cost of the kit to about $500.

Suggestions?
                  Make Up Your Mind!!! Which Is It !!?

is it a 6V6 Or a 6V6?!?!?!??
                  Marshall JVM 410C
                  Mesa Boogie DC-3
                  ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                  1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                  2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                  2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                  1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                  2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                  1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Oh I forgot http://www.modkitsdiy.com/modampkit_large.html

And the ceritone are shipped from Mayasha, I hear the guy who runs it is very cool, but shipping on heavy stuff will get ya.
                    Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
                    Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
                    I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
                    Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
                    Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
                    Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
                    Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
                    Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

+1 on Mission Amps kits.

Trinity Amps also provides good kits and great support.

Marsh Amps sells Mojo kits (and cabs) for less than you can buy them direct from Mojo. I don't get it, but that's the facts Jack! Not much support there though.

My first build was (sort of) a Tweed Princeton 5F2-A circuit. Mojo makes a bigger cab which fits a 10" speaker - big plus. I've re-built that amp twice already and will build it a third (and hopefully final) time soon.

You do get what you pay for. Speaker, cab & output transformer may be the most important components.

Cheers,

Chip
                      Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                      Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                      SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                      SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                      "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

You cant beat Triode Electronics. Their kits are inexpensive, have GREAT American Made iron and use all the good parts. www.triodeelectronics.com
                        I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Working...
                        X