Crazy feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy feedback

I recently bought a BOSS ST-2 distortion pedal and im getting crazy feedback when volume is low and high. I tried the usual...turning the amp, getting as far away as possible and making sure none of my knobs on the amp and the pedal are not turned up full. As soon as i take my hand off the strings it starts to howl, anyone have an idea of whats wrong? Do i simply need a noise supressor?

Thx

Re: Crazy feedback

Originally posted by Stevenmc View Post
    anyone have an idea of whats wrong? Do i simply need a noise supressor?

Thx
    Just a guess...You're probably using alot of distortion, hence the uncontrollable feedback. haha...Thats just sorta how it goes if you're using ALOT of dirt...Want less feedback? Turn the gain down. If you don't wanna turn the gain down, ya just gotta get used to always muting the strings when you're not playing. Sorta just how it goes when you're using lots of dirt.

Now...I could be wrong, you could have micro-phonic pickups (though if that were the case you'd still get feedback even when you mute the strings)...or some other issue...sooooo....

What are the settings on the Pedal? What are the settings on the amp? What amp? Any other effects in the chain? What guitar? What pickups in the guitar? Knowing all that info will help others to help you resolve/figure out how to work with your problem.
    www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
    I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

even with low gain im getting the feedback and with fairly low volume

gear: Epi les paul w/ slash alnici sig pickups
      Boss St-2 distortion pedal
      Traynor DG60 amp

Comment

try standing back away from the amp. Try setting it up outside and put some space between you and the amp
        2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
        Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
        Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Working...
        X