Cabinet got soaked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabinet got soaked...

All you really need to be concerned about is the speaker cones. Just pull the back and make sure there is no moisture on the speakers.

Given that the speakers were facing away, and it has been over a week since, I would think you would be fine.
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys. I'll give the amp a good looking over tonight and see how she is.

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
        take the back off and look around ... dry off anything that looks damp .. a little wd40 on all contacts to disperse moisture
        good luck
        t4d
        good idea on the wd 40!

I bought a cab from Ascension and the moron ups guys left it at my front door. my wife A) couldnt lift it in and B) was ticked that I bought it, so she failed to mention it was there. When I got home from work at 2am, it was dark and I didnt see it.. so it sat outside, in the pouring rain for a good 12 hours . Next morn, I peeled the soggy cardboard off. epened it up and dried everything out as thoroughly as I could. Thank God it worked, wasnt stolen and seems ok. Was wet inside too, but I dont think the cones got wet
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
        X