Mesa Roadster problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Roadster problem...

I turned on my Roadster last night and switched to the clean channel. Everything I played started to break-up way before I wanted it too. I use the Clean setting on Channel 1 and keep both the Master and Gain knobs below 12 o'clock. The gain is usually around 10:30 or 11 and the Master sits between 11:30 and 12. I don't remember getting this break-up before. Maybe I didn't use to turn the amp up as much as I did last night? I thought I had played it before at a much higher volume without getting any break-up at all. Any suggestions on what could be the problem or is suppose to start getting dirty with the settings I have?

Re: Mesa Roadster problem...

What about the channel volume? Did you change the output section? If you're used to running 4x6L6 and accidentaly switched to 2xEL34 or 2x6L6 you'll break up sooner. You may have also switched to Tweed setting by mistake which will do that.

If no to the above, you may have a tube(s) that's not firing. Channel 1, Clean setting, won't break up for me using 4x6L6 unless I crank the Channel Volume.

Comment

Re: Mesa Roadster problem...

The channel volume is set just below noon.

Comment

Working...
      X