Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLAD: Night train content

New Little Amp Day!

I just traded my Peavey VTM60 (that was just collecting dust) for a VOX Night Train! Pretty cool little amp, the first EL84 based amp I've ever owned, or played. Sounds pretty good!.......gonna go play it now!

Who has one and what kind of tubes are you using in it?

Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
    "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Re: NLAD: Night train content

Congrats man! I sure love mine!

Comment

Congrats!! Im so used to seeing sweet new blue guitar threads from you, I couldnt even recall what amps you use.. haha (I remember you had a splawn IIRC)
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

they're great, i'm sure you'll like it

Comment

Cool, I await your review. I'm on the lookout for another small tube head since I let a mate have my T.T. and those are on my shortlist.

Comment

When I had one, i had japanese el84s of some kind or another. They had higher headroom than the stock sovteks, and had a brighter crunch with less mids. Less gain, more hi-fi sounding.

Comment

I've got one, with Raytheon preamp tubes and stock power tubes. I like it a lot, even its driven sounds (which seem to get lower reviews than its cleans) but out of convenience I've started tending to use pedals for dirt in order to switch quickly between sounds and not have to go fiddle a knob.
              ---------------------------
              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I have the Little Night Train, so I can't help with the valve selection ... but I am using as GE 5751 in the V1 slot.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                X