Mesa Boogie Single Rec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa Boogie Single Rec

All of the suggestions given so far are great. I use a 40 watt head into a 2x12 cab with efficient spkrs and love to play LOUD, and have never had to get the volume up past 3-4. Even that leaves my ears ringing.

I'll bet your drummer is pounding his heart out trying to keep up with you two. Man, you're not going to get many return gigs at that volume level. And nobody is going to want to stand within 100 feet of you playing that loud.

Admitted that your spkrs are on the low end of the totem pole, but you should never have to play your recto at full volume during rehearsals. Definitely check your EQ...less bass, less distortion, and more mids will help you cut through.

Very good point made by Some Dude about your physical location relative to the other guitarist. If you are facing each other, then each of you is hearing the other as being way too loud (for the reasons already given). Set up next to the other guitarist if possible so you can hear each other and yourselves the same.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Re: Mesa Boogie Single Rec

Assuming your single is working as advertised and going into a 2x12 G12H and you have volume problems against the other guitarist...

... how loud is that overall and how do you do keyboards, vocals etc?

Comment

Working...
      X