Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used a Line6 M5?

Hey guys.

I'm contemplating getting a Line6 M5 to use in the FX loop of my Splawn Quick Rod for the very rare occasions I want Chorus/Phase/Reverb etc, but I can't seem to find any actual user reviews of them.

The videos and clips I've heard sound good, but I'd always trust the opinion of a user rather than a manufacturer provided sound clip.

Just wondered if anyone here had any experience with 1 etc?

Thanks.

Craig

Re: Anyone used a Line6 M5?

I don't think they have shipped yet, so that is why there are no reviews. I used an M13 for a few years though.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I never used an M5 or M13, but I have an M9 and I love it. I had a TC Electronic Nova System before and that is one freaking awesome unit, but I like the M9 more. That says a lot about it. It's that it's better, in fact the TC Electronics Nova System is a better FX unit for sure, but it's so easy to get great sounding digital effects like reverb and chorus.

Comment

I played the final prototype of the M5 a few weeks before it started shipping from Line 6 (my store has three of them on the shelves right now).

Very cool pedal. It's all the exact same effects as the M9 and the M13, but you only get to use one at a time. You can save up to 25 individual settings and recall them at any time, however.

You still get a tuner, tap tempo, stereo 1/4 ins and outs, an expression pedal jack, and MIDI in/out, but no looper.

If you've tried out and/or own an M13 or an M9, you've basically already heard all of the effects it can do. The M5 is designed for people who only want one of them at a time instead of a whole board full of them.

Think of the M5 as a "Secret Weapon" on your pedalboard that can be whatever you want it to be.

Comment

Thanks for the posts guys.

I'm currently using a G-Major in the loop of my Quick Rod but I rarely use more than 1 effect at once anyway, so was thinking of getting an M5 for those times I can't be bothered to drag my rack along too

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
            Not used the M5, but i have used the M9 and my mate replaced his whole pedalboard with an M13.

I think they're great. Great build quality, great sound.

Like i said, not played the M5, but i bet it does what it says on the tin.

Personally though, i'd go for an M9; esspecially if you go used, they're great value. You get to use more than one effect at a time if you ever want to... and you get a looper!
            That's cool info about the M9 and M13, thanks.

I rarely use FX tbh, so no point my buying 1 of the bigger systems. Plus, I do have the G-Major for if/when I do want more FX with my Splawn, it's just that what I play doesn't warrant much of them anymore.

Comment

The m5 looks cool, I might have to try it out on the assumption that it does not suffer the same fate as the m13

Got myself an m13 last year and it went straight back to the shop after I got it because of This (apparently VERY persistent) problem http://line6.com/community/thread/2929?start=0&tstart=0

You'll see my post on page 11

I've read that the M9 suffers the same issues so I'm weary of getting the M5
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3
              ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
              1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
              2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
              2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
              1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
              2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
              1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo View Post
                The m5 looks cool, I might have to try it out on the assumption that it does not suffer the same fate as the m13

Got myself an m13 last year and it went straight back to the shop after I got it because of This (apparently VERY persistent) problem http://line6.com/community/thread/2929?start=0&tstart=0

I actually did ask the Line 6 reps about this... they had some problems early on with the power supply and the buffers on M9's and M13s with a certain batch of serial numbers. I'm told both problems have been addressed and I believe them. They're pretty straightforward people to deal with.

Comment

Happy M9 user here . M5 is a nice idea from L6 but I'd suggest to pick some more money and buy M9. M5 will give You only one effect at a time, no chorus/delay combination etc. As L6 site says M5 has all the same FX as 9 and 13 - i play both and as I've said I'm using M9 more than a year now. It's fantastic piece of gear

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo View Post

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                    I actually did ask the Line 6 reps about this... they had some problems early on with the power supply and the buffers on M9's and M13s with a certain batch of serial numbers. I'm told both problems have been addressed and I believe them. They're pretty straightforward people to deal with.
                    This is good to hear that they've hopefully sorted the problems out. I think for the price it's probably wortha punt

Originally posted by drakone View Post
                    Happy M9 user here . M5 is a nice idea from L6 but I'd suggest to pick some more money and buy M9. M5 will give You only one effect at a time, no chorus/delay combination etc. As L6 site says M5 has all the same FX as 9 and 13 - i play both and as I've said I'm using M9 more than a year now. It's fantastic piece of gear
                    I'm not really overly into my effects anymore tbh. I used to gig with a single channel amp and a huge pedalboard, but that was when I was doing original material where I needed a lot of different tones etc. Now I'm focusing more on covers, I'm finding I don't need as many effects. Hence the 1 effect at a time of the M5 appeals to me.

For if/when I do need more effects, and when I can be bothered to drag along my 4u rack case, I have my G-Major to use so I don't really need the bigger M9 or M13 L6 pedals.

Comment

Hello Everybody!

I'm interested to buy an effect like Line6 M5 (or one of the other options i list below)....

I want to use it in front of amp, after traditional wha/OD/Dist, just for occasional modulation FX or special FX (noisy....psychedelic ).

But i'd like to have a pitch shifter (as Whammy) and a Looper (40 sec is enough...i don't need a loop station)

so, what do You think about these ?:

Line 6 M5
                      plus: midi in/out, compact dimension
                      minus: No looper, Expression pedal not included

Zoom G3
                      plus: Looper inside, useful out of pedalboard as stand alone modeler/soundcard...it cost a little bit less than M5 (but is not a real gap)
                      minus: Cumbersome, Expression pedal not included

Digitech RP 255
                      plus: Expression pedal included, It cost less than M5 and G3, ...Whammy option could be better than others ? Considering the expression pedal built in, dimensions are compact enough
                      Minus: plastic case (but i'm not a punk rocker )

Boss ME-25
                      plus: same as Digitech, except whammy option
                      minus: ?

What are Your best choose in this list? (if You could suggest any alternative under 200€ you're wellcome)

Starting from Sound quality (and after considering the looper options and pitch shifter options inside)

Thanks !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X