Rivera Clubster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivera Clubster

i tried out a small Rivera the other day... i think it was this Clubster mmodel

how smokes what a great amp in a small package... anyone own one of these???? it had that huge stack sound in a small combo

Re: Rivera Clubster

I'm really curious about these amps too. I need an upgrade from a Blues Jr. Something with alot more balls.
    "It was a new day yesterday, but it's and old day now."

Comment

nice. pro level gear.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Clubster rocks!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I have a Clubster Royale combo. It's awesome. The stock 70/80 was ok but I eventually replaced it with a G12T75. I'm able to jumper the FX loop and use it as an attenuator to get some great tones at low volumes. It's a great versatile amp and is much louder than it looks. The clean channel is something to brag about.

The distortion can sound kind of generic if you don't have it very loud but an OD in front gives it just the right amount of color it needs to sound really good. You hear a lot about Fender reverb and sometimes Mesa Boogie reverb but Rivera has really good reverb in their amps. It doesn't sound washed out so you can get pretty good surf tone if you want it.

Comment

Rivera overall is top notch stuff, and the Clubster/Pubster series is no exception.

I had a Chubster 40 that was a FANTASTIC amp, one of the few "multi task" amps I've ever heard that did everything very well (and didn't cost megabucks) Riveras are a little "dry" by nature, but I'm OK with that.

I've been GAS'ing for a Venus 6 for over a year now. In fact I'd say the V6 is probably the first (new) amp I would buy if I were to come into some serious cha-ching. And like USA Hamer's you can often snatch them up for criminally low prices on the used market.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
            X