List of Distortion/Overdrive/Fuzz pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List of Distortion/Overdrive/Fuzz pedals

Paul C Tim adds a little oomph to your cleans or dirt without changing the tone.
    Tube screamer added to any rhythm sound gets it into lead, mine's a self-modded TS5 that has beat out some of the cherished oldies.
    Black Russian Big Muff with the TS pushing it can do all kinds of dirt, from ZZ Top fuzz to Gilmour leads to 80s metal.

A lot of dirt has come and gone, including some expensive boutiquey stuff. Those 3 still are still around.
    -Gibson LP & SG, G&L Legacy HB
    -1977 Marshall JMP 2204, Fargen Townhouse 5w

Comment

Having a lot of fun with my Carl Martin Plexitone at the moment. I've just been listening to a lot of Buddy Guy just recently, and the Strat thru the crunch channel nails 'Damn Right I've Got The Blues'

Comment

Using a Visual sounds Jeckyl n Hyde, it works great for anything but nu-metal, which I still need a pedal for that, it never ends.
        Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

Originally posted by PearlyHellhound View Post
          I personally don't need a dirty pedal with my amps, but if your not using a high gain amp a pedal might be helpful.
          In general, the more gain your amps have naturally, the less your OD pedal needs.....then it's a matter of tone and fatness.

I've had a lot of good OD's, and the two I have on my main board do two different things very well. The Klon sounds natural but has a bump in all mid frequencies.
          My Way Huge Green Rhino has an emphasis in low mids and plenty of bass.

Try a Green Rhino. They're $130, and even less with GC discount coupons.
          Fat OD is what that pedal is all about. Don't forget that Way Huge was one of the first boutique pedal companies, and their prices hit the roof before they started making Dunlop versions which are just as good.

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 05-02-2011, 12:54 AM.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
          X