Original Fulltone DejaVibe help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Fulltone DejaVibe help

The original version that I have is AC based. I am trying to determine the amperage draw of this pedal to see if I can power it from the courtesy outlet on my Voodoo lab PP2+. I like the sound of this pedal. Its just a small pain to deal with at times because of its physical size and the AC power it requires.

Anyone know what the amp draw is in this pedal?

Re: Original Fulltone DejaVibe help

I used to have an original gold one. Since there's no wallwart, only an AC cord, it doesn't matter what the amperage is.

I think what I did was find another cord just like the original one, and cut it short.
    Then, I just plugged the pedal into the Voodoo PPII's AC jack.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 05-04-2011, 01:56 PM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Comment

It DOES matter what the current draw is since the outlet on the PPII+ can only do so much however I am almost positive than the PPII+ can handle it.

My advise is to call Voodoo Lab and ask them, they might already know...you coudl try emailing Fulltone but depending on who answers the email you'll get an answer or you'll get jerked around...
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          It DOES matter what the current draw is since the outlet on the PPII+ can only do so much however I am almost positive than the PPII+ can handle it.

My advise is to call Voodoo Lab and ask them, they might already know...you coudl try emailing Fulltone but depending on who answers the email you'll get an answer or you'll get jerked around...
          lol... I emailed mike about my OCD and he couldn't really remember until he looked it up if it had a 100K or 500K volume pot... then when he found out he did kind of jerk me around. Sorry to hi-jack, but it is true! i even kissed his butt a bit!
          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
            lol... I emailed mike about my OCD and he couldn't really remember until he looked it up if it had a 100K or 500K volume pot... then when he found out he did kind of jerk me around. Sorry to hi-jack, but it is true! i even kissed his butt a bit!
            I sent an email and asked but I'm pretty certain I can figure it out without his help. So how they handle it is neither here nor there. I went in expecting nothing as their reputation preceeds them

Comment

The AC outlet on the PPII is specifically made for the purpose of powering pedals that have a cord. Just go ahead and plug it in.

I only shortened my cord because I didn't want it wound up like a ball on my board.

With the PPII, the only time you'd worry about amperage is if you're plugging something like an amp or PA into it, which you wouldn't do anyway.

Comment

The PPII`s AC receptical can handle the draw of my TTE, so I`m pretty sure it can handle a Vibe.
                || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                X