banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spent quality time with a can of spray paint today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent quality time with a can of spray paint today...

So, inspired by the smaller boards I saw in the pedalboard thread I wanted to have something smaller for myself. I went out last night to a buddy of mine's place where he had a lot of scrap wood just lying around and found a nice piece of hardwood (no clue what type) that was almost the perfect dimensions for what I wanted and flat and ready to be used.

Came home with it and today I hit up the store and bought a $1.35 can of spray paint and started to work. It was remarkably easy going for the most part, though a couple of touch and go moments when it came to spraying the corners...ok now I'm being ridiculous.

anyway, I had some spare amp feet just lying around for who knows what amp I worked on or broke and tossed in the past so I tossed those on the bottom of it after it dried. Added some velcro, and it was done! I left my wah pedal off because I don't always use it and if I do take it, it fits in the bag with the board so I can just keep it in it's box and only have one pedal to setup separately.

the entire board fits inside my backpack perfectly and that's where I keep my cables, extra strings, and tools so it works out perfectly.

(sorry for the cell phone pics. Been moving and my good camera is still in a box somewhere)

Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Re: Spent quality time with a can of spray paint today...

Good job! Now find a good rugged soft padded case to transport it. Backpack? Fail.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
      Good job! Now find a good rugged soft padded case to transport it. Backpack? Fail.
      I wanna find a cool old school briefcase at a thrift store as soon as I can. But for now, my backpack is pretty padded and nice so it'll work for the time being!
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
        I wanna find a cool old school briefcase at a thrift store as soon as I can. But for now, my backpack is pretty padded and nice so it'll work for the time being!
        You should have good luck there. if theres one thing Thrift stores usually have is old briefcases.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I like it! I've noticed quite a few boards recently that have the Boss tuner at the end of the chain. How do you like the buffer at the end of the chain instead of the beginning?
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

A TS9, a Full-drive, and a Tuner????

You MADMAN! You must have chops or something....
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              A TS9, a Full-drive, and a Tuner????

You MADMAN! You must have chops or something....
              Into a single channel amp no less! I like to think I'm an ok player

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                I like it! I've noticed quite a few boards recently that have the Boss tuner at the end of the chain. How do you like the buffer at the end of the chain instead of the beginning?
                I move it back and forth from beginning of the signal to the end of the signal and honestly don't really notice *that* much difference but I'll do some listening here soon and see if I can find a difference in them when I'm actively looking for it.

Comment

I kinda did the same thing, using a piece of scrap wood and 2 good utility OD's that can make any amp what I want it to be. The purple pedal is an A/B switch BBent made, just in case I have the opportunity to use 2 amps.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                    I kinda did the same thing, using a piece of scrap wood and 2 good utility OD's that can make any amp what I want it to be. The purple pedal is an A/B switch BBent made, just in case I have the opportunity to use 2 amps.

That's exactly what I was going for! As long as I can get a clean channel with a bit of volume, I can get what I need to out of it!

Comment

Just discovered that this board actually fits PERFECTLY into my old laptop bag that's very very padded. Better than any gigbag I could have found for it. Gonna be ridin in style!

Comment

Working...
                      X