I Just Bought One Of These (NPD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Bought One Of These (NPD)

I've been looking at this pedal for a long time now. Recently i compared it to a few of the highly-regarded boutique-level overdrive pedals (like the Klon and Tim) and still prefered this one. (all my investigations were online, reading and listening on Youtube ... not ideal, but none of these pedals are accesible here unless you know someone who has one).

Anyway, this still remained the one I like best, so the other night I bought one, and am now waiting excitedly for it to arrive from Scotland, where they're made.

You can hear how it works for humbuckers at around the 8m 25 sec. mark.

Last edited by crusty philtrum; 05-10-2011, 06:41 AM.
    Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Re: I Just Bought One Of These (NPD)

The Hawk is a great pedal! I would not use it instead of a Timmy or Centaur, they are totally different. But the Hawk is really cool. Looking forward to hearing your first hand experiences!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Sweet man, I know you've wanted this for a while!
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

The original Hawk booster was, like the Rangemaster, never intended as stompbox and neither had a footswitch, they were 'set and forget' boxes the player would leave on the top of their amp and switched on. The Hawk seems to have been built more as a general booster/equaliser for any application back in it's day ... keyboards, guitars, bass or maybe even microphones, But i guess Rory discovered it gave him the boost he wanted and tone-shaping capabilities.

It runs on 18 volts so it has a lot of clean headroom. I bought a power supply for it from the manufacturer (Flynn Amps). I guess i first got interested in it due to the Rory connection, but i want it as an all-round booster for all my gear and i think it will do the job just fine. I'm looking forward to finding out. It will probably take a couple of weeks to get down here.
        Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

That doesn't look like any moth I've ever seen...
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Working...
          X