Went to GC Today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Went to GC Today....

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of music Mesas aren't good for. You got all the metal bands using Rectos, Marshall guys flocking to the Stiletto, Deluxe guys loving the Blue Angel, VOX guys using Mavericks and LoneStar Specials.

Didn't Metallica use Mark IIIs?

Santana?

Petrucci?

Lee Ritenour and Larry Carlton?

Charlie Daniels and Toy Caldwell doing country with vintage LPs and Mark Series amps?

The Stones?

Baffling.

And yeah, I would rather have a Stiletto than a Marshall. I'll take my Mark IIIs and IV over any Fender--I had a roomful of vintage BF Fenders and sold them, keeping only the Mesas. And for sheer versatility, my Maverick does so much more than an AC30, and does EVERYTHING better; AND has never had a meltdown like most AC30s are apt to do.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
      Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of music Mesas aren't good for. You got all the metal bands using Rectos, Marshall guys flocking to the Stiletto, Deluxe guys loving the Blue Angel, VOX guys using Mavericks and LoneStar Specials.

Didn't Metallica use Mark IIIs?

Santana?

Petrucci?

Lee Ritenour and Larry Carlton?

Charlie Daniels and Toy Caldwell doing country with vintage LPs and Mark Series amps?

The Stones?

Baffling.

And yeah, I would rather have a Stiletto than a Marshall. I'll take my Mark IIIs and IV over any Fender--I had a roomful of vintage BF Fenders and sold them, keeping only the Mesas. And for sheer versatility, my Maverick does so much more than an AC30, and does EVERYTHING better; AND has never had a meltdown like most AC30s are apt to do.

Bill

Yeah, they make something for everyone and make it really well. They have excellent customer service and really cater to all vs. the select few famous rock stars. They don't do anything more for artists than have them try out new gear and provide feedback, no custom/sig models stating that everything they make should be that good. I rank Boogie up there with Harley Davidson, Milwaukee Tools, etc. as an American icon.
      Last edited by Binnerscot; 05-19-2011, 07:34 AM.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodGrain67 View Post
        What is the foundation of the debate again?
        The sound.
        Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by AudioWonderland View Post
          Doing the job is not enough. a Line 6 could do the job. Being the best is the point.
          Define "best" and then I'll show you something that's better than what you've got.

My point is that for most anybody, "best" is really an abstract and often unattainable standard. I never got into Mesas but I do respect them for their value and versatility.
          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
          My Music

Comment

Working...
          X