Show your funky pedals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show your funky pedals!

i had an old ampeg scrambler for a hot second. boy that thing was nasty! dont have a pic though

Comment

I think the funkiest I've got is the Danelectro Spring King. Not terribly funky, really, but if you kick it, it crashes. Which is kinda cool.

---------------------------
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Does that still work? And if so how? There a tube in there or what???
        Yes it does work!

It's a purely mechanical unit...no IC's, no trannys, no tubes...

I could go on and on for pages about how it works bvut since there is already a page on it i'm gonna get lazy and just link you...

Read up and check it out...it is w/o a doubt the most odd ball thing I've ever used!

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Here's a nice funky DIY in retro style . Needs some graphics though.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
            Yes it does work!

It's a purely mechanical unit...no IC's, no trannys, no tubes...

I could go on and on for pages about how it works bvut since there is already a page on it i'm gonna get lazy and just link you...

Read up and check it out...it is w/o a doubt the most odd ball thing I've ever used!

http://www.danformosa.com/dearmond.html
            "Adjust the fluid level" Don' see that often....
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

"Adjust the fluid level" Don' see that often....
              Yep...mine was dry when I got it, had to fill it up (to the line!) with Windex!

This thing is for sure trippy...
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Mr Sulu - WARP SPEED!

Holy frickin' Star Fleet - what is that and what does it do????
                Just what it says on the tin; it's a phase shifter. The real draw is the fact that it speeds up and slows down when you switch speeds in a slow, ramping style, which creates strange, Leslie-style effects. Even when 'off' it has some pretty bad crosstalk and bleeds into your dry sound. It's coloured, definitely NOT true bypass, and requires 110V. In other words, it's perfect!
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  Just what it says on the tin; it's a phase shifter. The real draw is the fact that it speeds up and slows down when you switch speeds in a slow, ramping style, which creates strange, Leslie-style effects. Even when 'off' it has some pretty bad crosstalk and bleeds into your dry sound. It's coloured, definitely NOT true bypass, and requires 110V. In other words, it's perfect!
                  I would put that in a loop of it's own, and have a hawt chic in one of those little Star Trek mini skirts and boots to turn it on and off for me.

That ramp up thing sound mojolicious!!!!

You guys may be surprised to hear this...but in my first band, I was the Sound FX guy. I had 13 or so pedals all hooked up (plus a couple of amp effects) and if there was weird/strange/syth noise to be made - it was me. I used to do the ray gun stuff on Rebel Yell and Synth line from Cars tunes etc....

Some of these boxes would have been awesome!
                  Last edited by Aceman; 05-19-2011, 10:09 AM.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                  X