Is this a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal?

A brand new gibson les paul traditional standard with a nice top for a brand new marshall 1936 2x12 and brand new orange th30? Should i hold out or take the deal?

I heard that oranges aren't reliable, but man they sound incredible. My friend owns 4 of them and says they're not reliable. I have no experience except playing them. I could use some informed advice.

EDIT: i just heard they're made in china. True?
    Last edited by UberMetalDood; 05-25-2011, 11:51 AM.

Re: Is this a good deal?

The TH30 does appear to be MIC.
    The LP Trads are $2300 new and and the 1936 + the TH30 add up to about $1900. I wouldn't do it unless you really, really like the amp.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
      The TH30 does appear to be MIC.
      The LP Trads are $2300 new and and the 1936 + the TH30 add up to about $1900. I wouldn't do it unless you really, really like the amp.
      Yeah, Orange started making products in China in 2007 I believe?

I wouldn't do it but that's just me......
      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

A Gibson Les Paul will hold it's value..maybe even increase quite a bit 10 or 20 years down the road.

will the Orange?*

*rhetorical question
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

if someone traded you a lightly used rockerverb mkII and that cab, I'd say do it, but not for the thunder.

Comment

dont do it man
            Originally posted by grumptruck
            No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
            Originally posted by Gear Used
            PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
            Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
            Mesa Stiletto Ace
            Gurus 5015
            Mesa Widebody 1X12
            Pedalboard

Comment

I didn't do it, but I have to tell you that I was impressed with the TH30. I played that thing and couldn't turn it off. The tone is so juicy. I'm going to have to review that little amp so everyone can know what a beast it is.

Comment

Working...
              X