Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VHT Special 6 Ultra

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    I like everything about it, except for the fact it sounds like dog crap.
    LOL, me too,
    my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Ok, hold on, in the demo I watched, they had the prototype, and said they were running an EL34 in it? I understand you can run different tubes in it, but an EL34 in an amp that is shipped with a 6V6? Am I missing something here? If that is so, I may looking into this.

Here is a link, with an interview with the designer. This is the old model, but I'm sure some info with relate.

Bobaslot77 sebuah situs link gacor untuk mainkan berbagai game slot online provider Slot88 gacor hari ini yang paling mudah dimenangkan dan trending sepanjang 2024. Bobaslot77 juga merupakan agen SBOBET88 situs taruhan judi bola Euro 2024 resmi.
      Last edited by donahue; 09-14-2011, 03:53 PM.
      Originally posted by Jessie Sammler
      I don't have an ignore list. I'm not arrogant enough to think I can't learn something from people who annoy me.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      This is the dumbest thread that's ever been on this forum. It makes this place look like a bunch of damn idiots. Just run this place into the ground why don't you. You're like a bunch of 12 year olds. This thread is sooooooo DLT'ish that it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by donahue1 View Post
        Ok, hold on, in the demo I watched, they had the prototype, and said they were running an EL34 in it? I understand you can run different tubes in it, but an EL34 in an amp that is shipped with a 6V6? Am I missing something here? If that is so, I may looking into this.
        You're not missing anything. It can run any octal tube and with the use of a converter (yellow jacket, or one of the new VHT ones) you can even run EL84's in it.
        Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
          You're not missing anything. It can run any octal tube and with the use of a converter (yellow jacket, or one of the new VHT ones) you can even run EL84's in it.
          I understood that you didn't need a converter? It sounded like you could stick an EL34 right in?
          Originally posted by Jessie Sammler
          I don't have an ignore list. I'm not arrogant enough to think I can't learn something from people who annoy me.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          This is the dumbest thread that's ever been on this forum. It makes this place look like a bunch of damn idiots. Just run this place into the ground why don't you. You're like a bunch of 12 year olds. This thread is sooooooo DLT'ish that it's pathetic.

Comment

what about a tube like a kt66?

Comment

Originally posted by donahue1 View Post
              I understood that you didn't need a converter? It sounded like you could stick an EL34 right in?
              You can with an EL34, but an EL84 is made differently. It's not an octal pin set so you have to have a converter to convert the pin set of the EL84 to octal. I'll give a picture explanation.

So in order to make the pins on an EL84 fit, you have to convert it to the same pin set that the EL34/6v6/6L6 use.
              It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
              Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by philthis View Post
                what about a tube like a kt66?

Yes, the Special 6 (and I assume the Special 6 Ultra) will take KT88's. I have the combo though and I'd have to see if the flared out bottle of the KT88 will fit inside the cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
                  Yes, the Special 6 (and I assume the Special 6 Ultra) will take KT88's. I have the combo though and I'd have to see if the flared out bottle of the KT88 will fit inside the cabinet.
                  you know, that might be the coolest of all if it voices right with the amp. now I am curious

Comment

Working...
                  X