What is a good "living room / television" level solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is a good "living room / television" level solution

I love my Pod X3 Live for this. I have it going S/PDIF to my computer's sound card input (or to my Mbox) and I can either play off the headphone jack, or my monitors/regular speakers, depending on the volume I want. Because I currently live in a single room this is a great low volume solution with amazing tone results, because PODs will simulate a saturated, loud amp and you can control the total output without effecting gain separately.

Just know there is no substitute for hot, loud tubes. Once I move into my new house, you best believe I will be getting my hands on another Rectifier and really cranking the volume.
    SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
    Mi Familia

Comment

Honestly I do 95% of my home practice unplugged. It's great for building technique.

For an apartment, a modeller is a good choice. If you really want a proper tube amp, anything more than one watt power rating is going to be too much IMO (unless you don't care if your neighbours hate you).

I really like the Blackstar HT-1 for a home amp. It has surprisingly good tone for such a little thing.
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Have you gotten the Pod HD, and how do you like it?
        Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
        Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
        I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
        Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
        Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
        Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
        Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
        Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

I know that I already contributed an opinion for this post, but the other alternative in my mind is a Line 6 210. Dial the volume down and have at it.
          www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtbagg View Post
            Have you gotten the Pod HD, and how do you like it?
            yes, i've had it for a while now. i made a post about it. i like it a lot. especially using headphones, i can actually hear what i'm playing MUCH better. not in terms of sound/tone quality. hard to explain, like what notes go with each other to produce different... sounds.
            having the head phones, i think is really developing my ear.
            like, i've been stumbling over this one particular riff for a long time. just couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. so i gave up. then i tried it again with the pod and the headphones, and all of a sudden it was just there.

but in terms of sound quality, i think this thing does excellently at reproducing convincing amplifier sounds. although i've never played thru any of the real amps that this unit models.

i could probably do some video demos if you're interested. but rob chappers (robchappers) on youtube has a couple demos that are better than anything i could put together.
            good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Comment

Working...
            X