Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New tan/green logo MXR Classic Overdrive

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    Actually, I was just playing through my Jet City amp a couple of minutes ago and using that overdrive pedal.
    I'm glad to hear you found a place for that pedal. Like I said, it's strongest point is being a lead tone on top of a gainy rhythm channel. That's what it does best, because it's neutral but fat. Some expensive OD's sound better on paper, but they hype something that doesn't need hyped. The Classic OD is like saying "I want more gain, and that's it, but a small bump in mids wouldn't hurt."
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
      To me the mxr sounds almost identical to the fulldrive in mosfet mode with the boost engaged.
      Interesting observation. I've owned an original orange FDII, blue version, and Custom Shop cream.

I've always liked the Fulltone FDII's. So to find an identical sound out of a $40 MXR is a major selling point.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
        I'm glad to hear you found a place for that pedal. Like I said, it's strongest point is being a lead tone on top of a gainy rhythm channel. That's what it does best, because it's neutral but fat. Some expensive OD's sound better on paper, but they hype something that doesn't need hyped. The Classic OD is like saying "I want more gain, and that's it, but a small bump in mids wouldn't hurt."
        definitely....works a charm with a marshall master volume type amp.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
          definitely....works a charm with a marshall master volume type amp.
          That's where most of my experience with the Classic OD lies....with EL-34 amps. But I have no doubt it'd be great with Fender amps. One of these days, I'll try it out with a Deluxe Reverb and Bassman. I already know what to expect, since I've heard it on British clean tones.

Comment

I need to pick another one up. I haven't had too many OD's lately, but then again, haven't really needed to either. Between the Rhino and the Classic OD, I've not really wanted or needed another one.
            Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I'm confused...the only one I see on the GC website is the green one with white lettering, just like the one you've got pictured. It's listed as a CL-1. What is the difference between this CL-1 and the tan with green script, or the M-66?
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

It's the same pedal as above but with the colors inverted. Cream housing with green silk screen text. It's not on the site, seems to be in store only limited edition/anniversary edition.
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

So it still has the switch, right?

Comment

I work at GC, I'd like to try one out soon. They are dirt cheap, I think I can get one with my discount for around 23 bucks. I should just get it.
                    Gear:
                    Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
                    Epi Dot Natural
                    Partscaster blackie
                    Breedlove Passport Mahogany
                    VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
                    Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

My ******* cat knocked over a snapple on to my last one (BRAND NEW, mind you...) and it's completely shot. I dug it for the 15 minutes that I got to play around with it though and would love to have another.
                      Anybody wanna be a pal and do me a favor and pick one up for me (preferably in green)? I'll even give you a few $ for your time.
                      -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                      I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Thanks for posting this man! At lunch I went and traded the SD-1 my wife got me for my birthday (at the inflated price of 59.99) for one of these and a 1 spot lead I've been needing. I was gonna have to mod the SD, sounds like I won't have to do anything to this one. It's what I really wanted in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                          It's the same pedal as above but with the colors inverted. Cream housing with green silk screen text. It's not on the site, seems to be in store only limited edition/anniversary edition.
                          The only place I've seen it is in the newest GC flyer. It's listed as tan/green, but the picture looks like a mock up in cream. I couldn't even find a pic on the internet.

I just called my local GC, and they said they received 5 of them, so these will go quickly. If you want one, you need to start looking now.
                          Last edited by Gearjoneser; 08-03-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

It looks just like the old one, just inverted colors. And the box says GCM66.

Comment

Tan, cream, off white etc...in that color ballpark. Pretty much an inverse of the original green with white text. The Flyer does say tan GJ, you're correct.
                              www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Click here to see what it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X