EHX Cathedral reverb not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX Cathedral reverb not working?

I have a EHX Cathedral Stereo Reverb that isn't working.

Basically, I plug it into a known good power supply, and it doesn't light up at all.

I opened it up, and I don't think there's a way I can service this myself. It has SMD components, and I can't get the Mode knob off (I think its a rotary, it has no start or finish, and its all detents?)

What should I do? should I contact EHX, and see if they would do the repair, or try my luck with a local guy?

Also, I can't find anybody else that has this issue. I can't find anything online about fixing these, or having this happen to someone else.

Re: EHX Cathedral reverb not working?

the manual that comes with that pedal says "ONLY USE OUR INCLUDED SPECIAL POWER SUPPLY" about 16 times

contact them and see if they'll fix it but i bet you fried it using a different power supply.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I know, I read through the manual a few times. I think he was powering it off of a voodoo labs pedal power or something, which is pretty legit.

Luckily, its a friends pedal, and he just wanted me to take a look at it. I think I'll just have to give it back to him.

Comment

One of my friends has the same pedal. He has a Voodoo Labs Power supply also and the pedal does NOT work with it. It will only work with the power included supply meant for that pedal.
        Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Working...
        X