banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grab n go rigs, nothing special, sound great anyway - got one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: grab n go rigs, nothing special, sound great anyway - got one?

71 Univox U1246B head into Earcandy Buzzbomb 4X12, Vox Tonelab LE.
    My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
      71 Univox U1246B head into Earcandy Buzzbomb 4X12, Vox Tonelab LE.
      Clearly we have different ideas of grab 'n go.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
      My Music

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        both guitars are in gig bags. one on each shoulder, amp in one hand, bag over the shoulder as well leaving me with a free hand to get the doors. ive done the marshall halfstack/twin dual amp with massive pedal board setup and im over it.

one trip with metal can be done as long as you can live with a big 2x12 cab. i have a dual showman reverb, obviously not a metal head but same size/weight, vibroking 2x12. ive used that rig and carried everything in one trip.
        actually I think I accomplished 1-trip for metal. Well, I'd have needed a gig bag, and a few sundries ....

But an open-back 112 with a 103 db Swamp Thang and my little Tube Screamer Amp competed EASILY with my 5150 into my Bogner Uberkab. I was amazed. Metalheads may scoff; fudge em. But I could carry that no problem, almost no effort!
        tele / wolfie
        pittbull 50cl
        greenbacks

Comment

Grab and go?
          Zinky 25 watt Blue Velvet combo
          SKB small powered pedal board with a George Dennis wah,Eden Analog Cold Compress compressor, Rocktron Deep Blue Chorus and a Boss DD7.
          Add a Mid 90's USA Washburn MG or "pointy" Carvin and rock at will.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

My Marshall JCM800 4210 1x12 50 watt combo. Two channels, modified with a footswitchable dual master volume.

Small enough to play the smallest clubs, powerful enough to play an outdoor gig.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty View Post
              A twin reverb is less than half the size of a halfstack and is louder than many of em, and has a tone you can hear on albums in most every genre. That's pretty grab and go IMO. You can also pick up a used RI for less than the price of a new tiny terror

My primary amp is a TRRI and you are correct. If you've got to have that sound in spades there's nothing like it. Problem is I'm no kid anymore. I'm still willing to grab but my Twin doesn't seem as willing to go as It used to be. So most of my playing time these days is spent on my SCXD with 12" Eminence C-Rex extension cab.

Comment

Sg > Carbon copy > Blues Jr w/ celestion g12h30. I can use the fat switch for the amp for extra umph.
                Beer me!
                Originally posted by Kam
                ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

My grab-n-go rig is an SG Classic into a Pro Junior. I bring my Bad Monkey along because sometimes I need it and other times I don't.
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Got one of these, it's awesome! Need a 1x12 of some sort to go with it.....

Got one of these too:

Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
                    "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Hoboman View Post
                      My Marshall JCM800 4210 1x12 50 watt combo. Two channels, modified with a footswitchable dual master volume.

Small enough to play the smallest clubs, powerful enough to play an outdoor gig.

I like those amps!
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

^ that might be the thread winner for me, a 50 watt JCM800 112 combo. Most bang for most grab-go.
                        tele / wolfie
                        pittbull 50cl
                        greenbacks

Comment

Gibson ES-137 Custom + VHT Special 6 combo with a tube scream thrown in the back. That's all I need right there!
                          Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Line 6 Spider. Gets the job done.
                            www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hoboman View Post

Those are cool. I have a 1990 JCM 900 MK III 2501 Dual Master ( Like your 800 or steroids and MUCH different sounding amp than a JCM 900 Dual Reverb) that I use where the 25 watt Zinky is not loud enough. GREAT little rigs!
                              Guitars
                              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

My grab n' go setup is Roland Cube 60, my Blues Driver and my Memory Toy.

Power, dirt and a solo boost/delay. Soundmen love my rig.
                                Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                                Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                                Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                                Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Working...
                                X