banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you like the Big Muff, but always wanted more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you like the Big Muff, but always wanted more.

* Boost - check
    * OD - check
    * Light Fuzz - check
    * Dooms Day Fuzz - check

I wish i could record and post clips of this pedal going into my almost cranked Bassman & 4X12
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: If you like the Big Muff, but always wanted more.

Damn better sounding then all the Big Muffs I have played through (not really many) so want it though
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

Man, I wanna be in a band with Andy.

and yes, the pedal rules
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

The Pharaoh sounds great. But for Muff-style fuzz, I'd go for the Musket.
        1989 Greco Les Paul EG59-60
        1992 Fernandes Telecaster
        2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE
        2014 Tokai Love Rock LS115F
        2013 Ibanez Prestige RG3521
        2018 Ibanez JCustom RG8570Z
        Friedman Runt 50

Comment

Originally posted by cayle_6 View Post
          The Pharaoh sounds great. But for Muff-style fuzz, I'd go for the Musket.
          It is my understanding, that the Pharoah cuts a hell of a lot better in a band mix than the Musket.

I have not yet A/B'ed them though.

.....................x0x........................

From another forum :

"I've had way better success with the Pharoah cutting in a band mix than the Musket. And at least with my rig, the Pharaoh sounds significantly more fuzzy (using buckers) where the Musket was more distortion voiced."

"Haven't tried a Pig Mine but the Pharaoh is unique among muff-style fuzz/variants. I've never heard another fuzz quite like it and the versatility is surprising. Actually got tagged early on as a muff but it's a highly bastardized version, removing many aspects that are inherent to the muff circuit. The result is one monster, bass retaining fuzz that stacks like nothing I've ever seen/heard."

"This is the one to try if you're not fond of "muffs". It really sounds nothing like one, in a good way. Truth be told, I'm a fan of the muff, so go figure...
          As for live mix, it cuts very well. The fixed mids make a huge difference here, although dialing it in initially can be a bit difficult. I've used it for some smaller shows and seen it used live by touring and local bands several times now. Cutting through the mix was never the issue, refraining from $hitting pants, however, was
          ."

"Agreed, I've used a Musket and Hoof in recent years, neither can deliver like the Pharaoh, especially live."

"Stacks wonderfully with clean boost, OD, and fuzz. That's my favorite part about the Pharaoh."

"I've got number six !!!! It's clean and quiet !!! I love crankin my OR 120 and slammin it with the pharaoh. The other guitarist in my band slammed his through the clean channel on his orange RV 100 at rehearsal tonight and it killed !!
          Oh yea our bassist uses one and it slays for bass as well
          ."
          Last edited by SirJackdeFuzz; 08-06-2011, 06:19 AM. Reason: . . . added some quotes.
          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

I came across this by pure accident :

I'm sure most of you have heard of Black Arts Toneworks due to the massively successful Pharaoh fuzz and the newly released LSTR. Read on t...

Comment

Found a Big Beaver made from parts from the old spacerockets...way better!

Comment

My custom paint job Pharaoh is in the works. I talked with Jason from Gr8scoot graphics, who paints the enclosures for Black Arts Toneworks. I told him to surprise me with the color, and that the more colors, funky, psychedelic, the better. He's gonna hook me up, and I'm really looking forward to receiving the pedal. It sounds great and versatile in all of the videos.
                -Gibson LP & SG, G&L Legacy HB
                -1977 Marshall JMP 2204, Fargen Townhouse 5w

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                  Found a Big Beaver made from parts from the old spacerockets...way better!
                  My Raging Squirrel is made from vintage microwave ovens and pipe cleaner ... AND it's got a heart bypass valve!
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

That pedal does look like it rocks, tho.

May be easier to put one of those on my live board in place of the Tommy Bolin/Fuzz War for gigging.

Comment

Originally posted by NT02 View Post
                      My custom paint job Pharaoh is in the works. I talked with Jason from Gr8scoot graphics, who paints the enclosures for Black Arts Toneworks. I told him to surprise me with the color, and that the more colors, funky, psychedelic, the better. He's gonna hook me up, and I'm really looking forward to receiving the pedal. It sounds great and versatile in all of the videos.

It really is a very good pedal - love mine.

It can do so much more than what is said on the tin.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                        That pedal does look like it rocks, tho.

May be easier to put one of those on my live board in place of the Tommy Bolin/Fuzz War for gigging.

Kicked the DbA Fuzz War of my board

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                          Kicked the DbA Fuzz War of my board
                          The Fuzz War to too big to fit on my board; I'm using an Ultimate Octave and Tommy Bolin on there now.

Comment

It always drives me nuts when they do a video on a dirt pedal and they run it throught the cleanest sounding amp they can find. Not all of us have a super clean amp. I have 6L6's in my Sovtek and it's anything but clean sounding, it's getting to where I'm thinking of getting a seperate amp for my cleans all together. It would help me decide on a pedal if it was ran through more than one amp.
                            Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksontrader View Post
                              It always drives me nuts when they do a video on a dirt pedal and they run it throught the cleanest sounding amp they can find. Not all of us have a super clean amp. I have 6L6's in my Sovtek and it's anything but clean sounding, it's getting to where I'm thinking of getting a seperate amp for my cleans all together. It would help me decide on a pedal if it was ran through more than one amp.
                              This will clean up most single channel amps:

Comment

Working...
                              X