Lovepedal les lius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovepedal les lius

firstly i have to get this out of the way ...in french les lius is pronounced "lay lee-oo". everyone in demos sems to have issues with saying it. Lets move on...
    Ok...so ive seen the demos and vids and i never trust them, but geez it sure sound like the pedal for the job.
    I want a pedal to turn the lovely cleans of my sexy ptp wired reverb equipped fender amps into the lovely organic dirty of earlier tweed fender amps. I know thats what this one is designed to do, but its still a pedal right?
    Anyone got one?
    I like to use the guitar knobs for sounds, so does it react like a tube amp? You know the way tubes actually kind of "sing" and make you want to keep playing ? Pr does it still have that grainy fakeness and one dimensionality that every pedal ive tried so far eventually reveal?
    Comparisons to industry standard pedals woukd be ace too if you can.
    Cheers!

p.s. ive given up on the idea of a tube driver...
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 08-05-2011, 06:56 PM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: Lovepedal les lius

I want a pedal to turn the lovely cleans of my sexy ptp wired reverb equipped fender amps into the lovely organic dirty of earlier tweed fender amps. I know thats what this one is designed to do, but its still a pedal right?
    Anyone got one?
    I like to use the guitar knobs for sounds, so does it react like a tube amp? You know the way tubes actually kind of "sing" and make you want to keep playing ? Pr does it still have that grainy fakeness and one dimensionality that every pedal ive tried so far eventually reveal?
    Comparisons to industry standard pedals woukd be ace too if you can.
    Cheers!

thats what my Clark Gainster does. I don know about the one you mentioned.
    My Gainster does have some of the artificail encumbrances you mentioned, but you wont get entirely free f that in a analogue Solid State pedal pushing the front end.
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 08-05-2011, 07:01 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I dunno...I've wanted to try it a few times but I never end up being impressed with Lovepedals in person...

Go get a ZVEX Box of Rock and be done with it...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

the BOR is a more high gain, mid voiced marshall sound isnt it?
        recently ive been using an ocd, a GT, a wampler hot wired, a hartman lm308 and a fulldrive (those are the best of the bunch).
        Im not really after high gain sounds. I do like the fulldrive a lot and keep going back to it.
        The other pedals that might do the job could be a klon (or a clone - any recommendations) or perhaps a kalamazoo...which is what i was looking at when i saw the les lius...and went wow! thats the sound im after....but does it really work? lol
        Last edited by Chickenwings; 08-05-2011, 07:27 PM.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
          the BOR is a more high gain, mid voiced marshall sound isnt it?
          JTM45 voiced, which is like a Tweed Bassman...high gain if you want it but great lowish gain tones into a clean amp, very organic, very real sounding (and feeling) with a big fat low end that just works...

The BoR sounds good into a lot of different amps and with a lot of different guitars.

I almost never leave home w/o one!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

hmmmm....you are not the only one that has recommended it!
            Its in a tiny pedal tho....do you ever kick the knobs?
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

lol....i juts looked at the price! 329 bucks!
              Id really want to try one of those out before i blew that kind of cash on what might be just another pedal for the ever filling briefcase!
              are you sure its that good?
              edit: thats for the painted one eh? 199 for the standard one eh?
              hmmmmm thinking thinking......
              good for low gain?
              Touch sensetive like a tube amp?
              SOunds like a jtm 45? - yeah i know its similar to a tweed bassman - thats a killer tone when its for real....
              I have a mashall....you reckon this BOR thru a tweed will compare next to it pretty well hey? Especially thru a clean fender?
              Now im thinking hard....
              Last edited by Chickenwings; 08-05-2011, 07:52 PM.
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

If you want a BOR fr les than 329, I'll get you used one here and send it to you. Pay me when you get it.You do the legwork and find it on USA Ebay. I'll bid whatever you want, and I'll even assume the risk.
                "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

you da man jerry!
                  ill have a look
                  just looked i can get one new shipped for 200 US --- so about 190- aussie
                  Last edited by Chickenwings; 08-05-2011, 08:03 PM.
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

hmmmm....you are not the only one that has recommended it!
                    Its in a tiny pedal tho....do you ever kick the knobs?
                    Nope, never...

Comment

lol....i juts looked at the price! 329 bucks!
                      Id really want to try one of those out before i blew that kind of cash on what might be just another pedal for the ever filling briefcase!
                      are you sure its that good?
                      edit: thats for the painted one eh? 199 for the standard one eh?
                      hmmmmm thinking thinking......
                      good for low gain?
                      Touch sensetive like a tube amp?
                      SOunds like a jtm 45? - yeah i know its similar to a tweed bassman - thats a killer tone when its for real....
                      I have a mashall....you reckon this BOR thru a tweed will compare next to it pretty well hey? Especially thru a clean fender?
                      Now im thinking hard....
                      Yeah, go with the Vexter series...same pedal, lower cost...no paint, big deal.

I think it does low gains great...in fact I keep mine set just at half gain give or take a tick then if I want more I boost the BoR for higher gain sounds and it works great...just like slamming the front of a JMT-45!

Touch sensitive...sho nuff!

I use my BoR for situations when I can't crank my amps like at small clubs or at home and it runs into a 1962 Deluxe and a clone of a 1950 Super...also digs my 1960 Ampeg Jet (which is semi tweed) and even sounds good into my 69 Twin Reverb...just a great pedal!

For even less money you can get the Vextron Distortron...the distortion side can be THE SAME but you get settings for less bass and settings for more gain, just no boost...that said the boost side of the BoR is worth the 2 bills anyday!

Thats one of the reasons the BoR has a place on my board as often as it does...if I can't crank I use the BoR for dirt and boost, if I can crank I still use the Bor but just for the boost!

Comment

You could try a Barber Small Fry...it does a decent Tweed tone plus lots of others....used at about a hundred bucks.
                        Last edited by bungalowbill; 08-05-2011, 09:17 PM.
                        Originally posted by tone4days
                        we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post

Touch sensitive...sho nuff!

I use my BoR for situations when I can't crank my amps like at small clubs

and even sounds good into my 69 Twin Reverb
                          you used the magic words damn you!.....

.....i just bought one....
                          Last edited by Chickenwings; 08-05-2011, 11:44 PM.
                          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

A multiple SHO hehe.....
                            Don't look inside....

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                              A multiple SHO hehe.....
                              Don't look inside....
                              Does it really matter??

It's ones of the best dirt boxes in decades IMHO...

Comment

Working...
                              X