I'm Saving My Pennies--EVH Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Saving My Pennies--EVH Mini

It is finally on the EVH website about the mini amp and 2x12 and 1x12 cabinets. The only thing I'm not excited about is that the speaker is not the EVH Celestion.

Here is the link: http://www.evhgear.com/news/index.ph...lay_article=17

Birthday in October; so, something to look forward to.

Re: I'm Saving My Pennies--EVH Mini

my birthday is THIS month

brightest dot on my radar !
    tele / wolfie
    pittbull 50cl
    greenbacks

Comment

Any idea how much the head will be?

Comment

around $1k U.S. from the hype-vine
        tele / wolfie
        pittbull 50cl
        greenbacks

Comment

Hmmm, color me interested!

Comment

From what I've seen the actual sale price for the head is $999, with the 2x12 cabinet going for $499. Both in either black or ivory. There is also a 1x12, too. Not sure on the price for that.

Comment

Looks cool. I definitely like the 100 watt vs.

What I don't get though, from reading about this mini, is how the clean and crunch channels share the gain and volume knobs. Is there basically just a crunch button like on the old 5150, and you either use one or the other?

I can see this being like the DSL series, where people want the clean and the crunch with separate eqs and volumes, but not necessarily the hi gain. Maybe it would have made more sense for the crunch and hi gain to share eq like the boost function on a shiva, with a separate volume.
              -Gibson LP & SG, G&L Legacy HB
              -1977 Marshall JMP 2204, Fargen Townhouse 5w

Comment

I really love the clean channel and gain on the heads, maybe I will get one of these and forget my stereo setup idea.....

Comment

Looks like they are now taking orders for the 50 watter, shipping out in October.

I found a new 100 watt head at Elderly and had MF price match for $1399. Ordered the black one yesterday. The 50 watter can be had on Music123 for $850 right now, due to a 15% sell. That's almost a $550 difference. The cost, size, weight and 2 less power tubes are all nice on the 50 watter. I'm trying to decide if having the extra eq, gain and volume controls over the clean channel, plus the extra thump and headroom of a 100 watt amp is worth the $550.

I wonder how cramming all of those tubes and circuitry together will affect the noise level of the smaller head.
                  -Gibson LP & SG, G&L Legacy HB
                  -1977 Marshall JMP 2204, Fargen Townhouse 5w

Comment

I'm thinking, price is low enough, at this point even if I don't like it, I will still be able to find someone willing to pick it up for close to what I paid for it. Worth the risk to me. I'd like more detail on the speakers in the cabinets. I think I know which ones they are using, but I don't think I've seen the exact model number just reference to "Celestion 30 watt Heritage speakers". Like I said, I think I know what ones they are referring to, but you know how that goes.

Damn it, tough call. Head keeps telling me my current combo is good enough, but then I see the pictures and they are so pretty . . . and I've worked hard this year . . . and I might get deployed again . . . etc.

Comment

I'm still debating whether I want to get one or a single rectifier. The price point is great. $999 new means they should be pretty easy to get around $600 used. Finally, EVH making some great stuff that's actually affordable. I wouldn't mind having a couple of EVH Wolfgangs and a 2x12 EVH mini stack to play them through.

Comment

Working...
                      X