a fella wants to trade for my old boss ME5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a fella wants to trade for my old boss ME5

So ive been claning out my drawers and selling off my old unused effects.
    This fella contacts me on ebay and says he wants to trade his brand new TREX moller for my old ME5.
    I am trying to downsize my overdive pedal collection (down to a fulldrive, a GT and a box of rock - maybe even less) and i really dont need another drive pedal. But it looks pretty nice, so im willing to give it a try...i guess if its cool ill keep it, or should not have too much trouble selling it off later i guess.
    This seems like a sweet deal, or am i missing something like ME5 units are suddenly the hip thing with the kids and i should hold out for megabucks? lol
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: a fella wants to trade for my old boss ME5

ps....anyone used a TREX moller?
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

It is a TS with a clean blend....Voodoolab Sparkledrive was the inspiration, and I know Knud Møller as well

Comment

i guess it cant hurt to try it out eh?
        i dont know who knud moller is!
        Last edited by Chickenwings; 08-08-2011, 03:48 AM.
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Nopes....Knud is oldschool, also has voiceswitch for buckers...
          And it is....erm greenish!

Comment

yeah i get that its another tubescreamer.
            The way i look at it is this.....
            The ME5 is unlistenable.
            Another TS based thing is at least something ill play with!
            guess i can always sell that too!
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Comment

I made a ripping Marshal patch with my ME6 back in the day.

It's a dirt simple, clean floorboard with all Boss sounds. Hard not to love...
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I still have my ME-8.....
                  It does some fun stuff!

Comment

Me5s spund nothing as good a s regular boss like pedals.
                    For example,
                    The compressor sounds fake and noisy.
                    The overdrive section sound compressed and lacking in top ends compared to an sd1.
                    The distortion is the same compared to DS1.
                    The eq is limited and noisy - give me a ge7 any day.
                    Boss ce2 or 3 has way more control than the me5 and better sound quality.
                    Boss Ph2 kills anything the phase section can do.
                    The reverb cannot run at the same time as the delay (which only offers 500ms at 16 bit)
                    Even when everything is off, it sucks massive tone and response.
                    Yes its boss, yes its analog drive/comp/eq.
                    But give me pedals any day....

lol....im not a good second hand dealer eh? I remember when the me6 came out - it was supposed to be the cheaper version. I dunno. maybe the new ones are better.
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Had a ME5 as well, god awfullest sounding thing ever. I tried to just use it for effects through the loop in my old Marshall combo BITD, and couldn't even take it like that.

I used to buy anything on a whim when I was young, made good money, and had no real bills or responsibilities.
                      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
                      X