banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Heat speakers for my Twin Reissue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Heat speakers for my Twin Reissue?

Got a chance to pick up a set of Eminence Texas Heats for my Twin. Any one out there using them in their Twin. Need to know what you think.

Re: Texas Heat speakers for my Twin Reissue?

i dont have a twin anymore but im sure the texas heats would sound good in that amp.

Comment

Got one in a deluxe reverb reissue. I know it's not quite the same.
      The speaker when played clean has big but not flabby bass, smooth mids, and some chimey treble. It comes across as just "clear and balanced".
      When I let it rip with a dirt pedal, the fat low end comes out a little more, and it's then that you hear what eminence describes as "a little british bite". The upper mids and treble have a little of that "kerrang" thing that I hear more from things like celestions.

I like mine a good bit.

Comment

i was looking at maybe texas heats for my twin, but i never got the chance to try them cos it has a set of weber californias in it. The TH definitely look good on paper, i reckon id try them out.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
        X