Pedal problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal problem

I think all this positive talked jinxed my MXR Classic overdrive I've been it using since the day I got it last year and love this thing. Last week I thought I had a tube or something similar starting to go in my amp but it turns out its the pedal. Its makes a swooshing kind of white noise that sounds a lot like when I've had tube go. Any idea what would go in it that would cause that?
    If I had a GC near me I'd try and grab a new one. It cant be a widespread problem because I dont think I've read one bad thing about these yet

Re: Pedal problem

Probably just a component failure of some sort. Hard to diagnose without the pedal in hand. Plus these pedals being SMD can't be fixed by an average Joe with a soldering iron in most cases since SMD requires specific hot air soldering equipment to fix that most don't have. Every pedal builder is at the mercy of the companies that build the caps, resistors, diodes and switches etc they use to build the pedals. They build a pedal and test it and if it works they did their job correctly and it passes QC since there is no way to predict a future failure of a component they didn't actually build.

Anyway, Dunlop has the best customer service I've come across in this industry. E-mail them and tell them the problem and odds are they'll have you send it in and they'll fix it for free.
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

You're doomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
        You're doomed!
        Probably from connecting to a Rivera.

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
        Probably just a component failure of some sort. Hard to diagnose without the pedal in hand. Plus these pedals being SMD can't be fixed by an average Joe with a soldering iron in most cases since SMD requires specific hot air soldering equipment to fix that most don't have. Every pedal builder is at the mercy of the companies that build the caps, resistors, diodes and switches etc they use to build the pedals. They build a pedal and test it and if it works they did their job correctly and it passes QC since there is no way to predict a future failure of a component they didn't actually build.

Anyway, Dunlop has the best customer service I've come across in this industry. E-mail them and tell them the problem and odds are they'll have you send it in and they'll fix it for free.
        You are probably dead on here. I will shoot them an email, thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X