simplifying things in my rig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simplifying things in my rig.

i like the natural distortion of my rig,but my digitec gnx 3000 guitar work station efffects unit has been the backbone of all my tones and sounds. since discovering the joys and audio bliss of tube amplification,i want to employ my amp for what it was made for..rockin out.,with the crunch factor on steroids.,my dilema is this,i have songs written on settings with this effects unit that i will need to replicate.the most important is a setting called chimes.i play some realy nice darlky textured clean stuff on this setting,its really chimey,glassy.....would anybody happen to know what pedal this setting is modeled after?.....its almost like a real glassy chorus. the point of the post is that i want to retire the gnx from my live rig and use my amp and a pedal or 2. that gnx is kinda complicated.

play louder than the other guy.....

Re: simplifying things in my rig.

Clearly you don't live in California and aren't worried about earthquakes. That pic of the fullstack with two heads scares me just looking at it.

Anyway, no idea about your specific pedal. Kasha Amps has come out with a new pedal called Chime Chorus. It may be just what you're looking for.
    http://www.kashaamplifiers.com/produ...l#Chime_Chorus

Comment

Originally posted by ravendouglas View Post
      that gnx is kinda complicated.
      Do you use the GenEdit software?
      If you could look at the patch setting via that software, it should tell you the names of the effects and settings it is using.

I have the GNX3 and Digitech references the pedal that influenced the sound they were trying to duplicate.

MM
      MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
      Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
        Clearly you don't live in California and aren't worried about earthquakes. That pic of the fullstack with two heads scares me just looking at it.

Anyway, no idea about your specific pedal. Kasha Amps has come out with a new pedal called Chime Chorus. It may be just what you're looking for.
        http://www.kashaamplifiers.com/produ...l#Chime_Chorus
        will check out the pedal..thank you..and no..we dont get too many earth quakes in houston texas.lol

Comment

Originally posted by MojoMonster View Post
          Do you use the GenEdit software?
          If you could look at the patch setting via that software, it should tell you the names of the effects and settings it is using.

I have the GNX3 and Digitech references the pedal that influenced the sound they were trying to duplicate.

MM
          hell..no..i cant find that disc....lol

Comment

Originally posted by ravendouglas View Post
            hell..no..i cant find that disc....lol
            Sorry, GNX3000 uses XEdit.
            Latest drivers for GNX3000.

The GNX3000 should use a USB cable to connect to the computer.
            Just make sure it is connected and turned on before you launch the software.

If you're running Vista/W7, you might need to run XEdit in compatibility mode.

MM
            Last edited by MojoMonster; 08-15-2011, 10:44 AM.
            MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
            Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

i bet if you posted a sample of your "chimes" setting we could find some pedals to help replicate it
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

You dont dont need chorus to write a good song. You dont need lots of effects to sound killer. At a gig, simple is better in almost all cases, no matter who you play for or what style you play.
                Open your mind a little. Just work with the guitar cable for a while...you may find all the richness you gain and sensetivity to your fingers will inspire you to new and better musical ideas.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                  i bet if you posted a sample of your "chimes" setting we could find some pedals to help replicate it
                  thats a good idea ,i have a clip some where.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                    You dont dont need chorus to write a good song. You dont need lots of effects to sound killer. At a gig, simple is better in almost all cases, no matter who you play for or what style you play.
                    Open your mind a little. Just work with the guitar cable for a while...you may find all the richness you gain and sensetivity to your fingers will inspire you to new and better musical ideas.
                    I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post

Werd!

I'd actually just like to haul one of my amps to a gig (like I do for band practice), instead of having to haul my board along (where my G-System lives). But the band loves a few of the leads that I use the intelligent pitch-shifting on. Honestly, the best tones that I've had at gigs over the years were always when I just used an amp and skipped any processing. Live, it all tends to turn to mush anyways. Especially delays and reverbs...
                      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Working...
                      X