Anyone here use/tried an iRig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here use/tried an iRig?

With Amplitube of course (are there any other apps that really use it besides Garage Band?) I'm looking for something that I could practice with anywhere that's going to give me decent sounds. I'm not expecting POD level modeling, but something that I can use on lunch at work maybe, or when I'm on out of town trips. For reference, if I can get a decent Prog Metal tone out of it, I would seriously want to invest in it. I'm checking out videos to see if I can find someone doing with it what I would want to, and I hear decent tones for every other style, but no one is really playing with the Rectifier-type model!
    SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
    Mi Familia

Re: Anyone here use/tried an iRig?

I have one. It's actually a pretty useful practice tool. As far as modellers go I'd rate the tones as a bit above average. The amps don't really sound all that much like the real ones IMO, but again I only use it as a practice tool.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Can you get a decent metal tone out of it? I'm not looking for an exact Petrucci Mark III/IV clone, but something passable that I can happily play along with?
      SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
      Mi Familia

Comment

yeah, sure. it sounds pretty decent if you hook it up to good quality speakers.

Comment

Decent, yeah, but there are so many definitions of "metal tone" it's hard to say what you would like. The Metal amp with overdrive is pretty cool.
          Band: www.colouredanimal.com
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
          Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I'm still hesitant to drop thirty on a cord/connector. There's a few DIY sites I've seen, I'm gonna go that route. With the free amplitude, fender one, gb's amps, and the free gk bass one, there should be more than enough sounds to at least goof with.

(lately to save ideas I've just been using the audio recorder in gb with a quick beat I pound out to a click - the mic pick up stuff pretty well)
            Last edited by DankStar; 08-17-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I use it with a Sennheiser wireless system in my classroom. Works well, but it ain't gonna replace your amps.
              Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
              I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Working...
              X