NPD: HD500 in the house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: HD500 in the house!

Got the Line 6 HD500, picked it up today, haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet but by the end of the night I should have gone thru it pretty well. Going to take a while to learn the whole thing I am sure but I get Line 6's logic for most things so hopefully nothing too crazy.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: NPD: HD500 in the house!

Wow...and you're a non pedal guy!

Impressive way to go!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Hey Scott. Looking fwd to your review- lemme know how the Park 75 and Plexi model's sounds.

I think there is a Hi-watt too??
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Just opening it all up but yes there is a Park75 model as well as a Hiwatt Custom 100.

I loved my Vetta and was going to buy another but this seemed to make more sense even though it had less models (and no amplification). I know the latest update includes 6 more models so that'll be 22 in total and I have heard there are more on the way. I am good with what it has but would be more than happy if they drop some more solid ones at some point.

Yeah I know this seems a bit OTT considering I am generally a pedal-phobe but that is mostly because of integration and noise issues. I am hoping to get all my recording settings dialed in and then copy those patches less the amps and just have the effects for live use, that would be ideal.

I am working on a few things that ideally will lead to a lot of recording so this unit should get lots of use and it has some really cool features that I have never even approached before like the looping. I have a crazy next 2-3 weeks but I figure I should get some demos together before too long.
        My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

This guy has it dialed in pretty good I think. Congratulations on the HD500.

Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

so far spectacular
            My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Nice! They sound great!

Comment

I spent the night just going thru the bulk of the factory presets last night but wow are they good.

@Jeff the Park 75 is excellent but I have never played the original so I am not in position to speak to its authenticity. The Hiwatt 100 (Hiway) didn't knock my socks off so far but I didn't tweak it at all. It just didn't have the feel that most all the other models did, to me anyway. It could just be the phones I was under so I am holding off judgement, I really want to run this into my recording setup and back thru the monitors to see how it sounds.

The Gibson 185 and the Super O models kill especialy together in twin tone mode. I can see myself using that patch for a lot of stuff. I was just under cans last night since I cooked my Tweaker so it'll be a few days till I get it run with an amp and just use the effects but most everything sounds great so far. Now I have to figure out how to use the looper, ought to be fun!
                My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                X