Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mesa mark 3!

Sorry for the crappy pics, I got home late :P

I saw on another forum the mark 3 on sale, and after some days waiting, I finally got one. its a mark  3, blue stripe, 100w, class a/simul class switch, reverb, graphic EQ, travel-transformer (110v-220v). its been modded with the presence-mod (so the sweep is more even, not as radical as it was before) and the c30 cap (to make it MUCH less bright than it was). I can run it with treble on 10 now, without it being harsh or shrill.

I really like the bright, complex, transparant yet mellow clean. the overdrive (lead) is SUPER tight! its so, so agressive. its much more agressive than any mark I've ever tried, including the mark 5. I really REALLY like this amp!

Re: new mesa mark 3!

Cute as a button!

Comment

by the way, who's eyes are so good that they can see what that red-white amp is under the mesa? :P

Comment

Congrats! That's an awesome amp you've got there.

Not to derail your thread, but I've heard seen Mesa amps with different colored stripes often - mostly the Mark series. What do the different colors designate?
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
          by the way, who's eyes are so good that they can see what that red-white amp is under the mesa? :P
          5150. I could tell from the control layout.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
            5150. I could tell from the control layout.
            Keen eye!

The mk3's had 5 stripes.

Black
            Red
            Purple
            Blue
            Green

They differ in terms of voicing and gain. Blue and green have the most Gain, if I recall correctly, black least, and is much akin to a mk2... But there are some sites that can describe it in better detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
              Congrats! That's an awesome amp you've got there.

Not to derail your thread, but I've heard seen Mesa amps with different colored stripes often - mostly the Mark series. What do the different colors designate?
              Marks were basically a work in progress from the Mark I to the Mark IV, and as such there were numorous revisions within the series.

Mark IIs for instance went through IIA, IIB, IIC and IIC+.

Mark IIIs were labeled with stripes (Black, Purple, Red, Blue, Green)

And Mark IVs were IVa and IVb.

The original goal with the Mark III was to make a three channel IIC+ and it wound up being even more raw and screaming than the IIC+... a characteristic that some feel peaked around the Red stripe. After that it became more refined and by the time it evolved into the Green stripe it was basically a Mark IV with a shared EQ.
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                its a mark  3, blue stripe, 100w, class a/simul class switch, reverb, graphic EQ, travel-transformer (110v-220v).
                A Simul-Class blue stripe should be 75w in Simul-Class mode and 15w in Class A mode.
                || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
                  A Simul-Class blue stripe should be 75w in Simul-Class mode and 15w in Class A mode.
                  Ofcourse I always forget that.

Comment

Congats. I think youve sold me on the MKIII if i can find one. Thanks.
                    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

congratulations.

I have heard that the Mark III can get very sweet tones.

Is it my idea or the Mark III is very small?

Comment

Its really small indeed! It's less than 50centimeters wide! My rivera cab is wider,haha.
                        And yeah, sweetness is key with this Amp

Comment

Maybe its my monitor but the stripe looks green to me. Oh and some MKIII's the very earliest didnt have a stripe at all. Those usually are lacking the graphic EQ also.
                          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Its really blue bad lighting...

Comment

Gotcha like i said it might also have been my monitor ive had a hell of a time getting this RGB set right. Green or blue its still a really nice amp.

The swtichable mains is cool too. They put it in place of the courtesy outlet. Though are you running it on 100 volts or 230?
                              Wish my MKIII had it on it then I could have brought it with me over here.
                              "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                              you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
                              X