BOx of rock first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BOx of rock first impressions

If you really want to pull-out the plexi-in-a-box... give the Carl Martin Plexitone a try. I've NEVER heard another pedal sound that much like a cranked plexi in a box. I preferred mine running through my XTC in plexi mode, but it still sounded awesome through my Twin Reverb. I've got a friend who owns a music store. He's owned a tried EVERYTHING. He bought my Plexitone (only sold it cause it was kind of reduntant since I had the XTC and 11R), and says that as far as he's concerned, nothing comes close to the PT for what it does. He's had the BOR, Wampler, and the Rothwell Hellbender, but they're all gone and he's still got the PT. Kind of wish I had it back! LOL...
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

im not after marshall in a box really. i have a marshall. I just want to try different stuff out.
      i have thought about a plexitone tho, but in aus we run on 240v power and 500 bucks is a lot to spend on a stompbox.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
        im not after marshall in a box really. i have a marshall. I just want to try different stuff out.
        i have thought about a plexitone tho, but in aus we run on 240v power and 500 bucks is a lot to spend on a stompbox.
        Roger. Yeah... I wouldn't spend that kind of dough on ANY stompbox. Love my OCD, but the only two pedals that I even use any more are my TC Polytune and BBE wah. Any others are optional for me.

BTW... the PT is very nice because it's got the two modes, and they can be dialed-in from slightly warm and crunchy to full-on cranked. It's very "ampish". I knew it was gonna be awesome when I gave it it's initial test drive. Just ran it straight into a channel of my Rocktron Velocity SS power amp. Was just testing for function (bought it used on Ebay) and I didn't expect to like it that way. I ended-up using it that way a LOT just for daily practice. That's how great it sounded. I've had some good OD pedals, but none of them would have sounded that great being run that way. So that's what really blew me away about the PT. I'm sure there are other great pedals out there like that though...
        Last edited by Red_Label; 08-21-2011, 10:40 PM.
        "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

i pretty well only uuse a fulldrive, but im always on the lookout for something better/different.
          I have a les lius on the way....
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
            7? lol.
            preferably 8

c'mon dude, you have basically my same amp, you owe it to yourself to do it at least once.
            Originally posted by gibson175
            metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

yeah i have turned it up of course! it actually doesn't get too much louder after 4-5. But for gigs, 3 is plenty for this beast... its also the point where it fattens up.
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
              X