X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Micro Chorus or EHX NeoClone

Long Story short I've tried to dial in my MXR Analog Chorus (for those not

familiar its a re-badged Zakk Wylde Chorus) but I'm not liking how dark and

subtle the effect is. I use chorus only for cleans and go for a more liquidy

sounding chorus such as a Fender Super Chorus for example.

Would the Micro Chorus or the Neoclone (not to be confused with the

Nanoclone which is garbage IMO) get me somewhat in the ballpark ??

Re: MXR Micro Chorus or EHX NeoClone

I've got the MXR Micro Chorus and at first I loved and praised it. I soon grew tired of it. It's VERY intense and extremely 80's hair metal cliche'. I'm not saying thats a bad thing if thats what you're looking for. Obviously with one knob it's not very versatile either....

I ended up replacing it with an old Boss CE-2 which I love! I wish it wasn't so subtle but it sure does sound good.......

Look into an Ibanez CS-9, nice and versatile chorus without being too complicated......
    Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
    "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Neo Clone will do it. the electro harmonix choruses are bright and lively, without sounding like digital boss ****.

Comment

Originally posted by JOEBACCA View Post
        Long Story short I've tried to dial in my MXR Analog Chorus (for those not

familiar its a re-badged Zakk Wylde Chorus) but I'm not liking how dark and

subtle the effect is. I use chorus only for cleans and go for a more liquidy

sounding chorus such as a Fender Super Chorus for example.

Would the Micro Chorus or the Neoclone (not to be confused with the

Nanoclone which is garbage IMO) get me somewhat in the ballpark ??
        I really like the MXR. I had a small clone in my rack and didn't like the way it added a hint of distortion. I swapped it out with MXR Micro Chorus and haven't looked back. Yea... it is totally 80's typical chorus sound on cleans. That is what I like about it.

Comment

I have ABed some these chorus pedals... Small Clone (AnalogMan mod), MXR Micro Chorus, AnalogMan Chorus, regular old Small Clone, and some others...

Ended up getting two of them actually. AnalogMan Chorus and MXR MicroChorus. My "to go" chorus is in fact the MXR. It is quite a good, yet cheap, great pedal! Totally 80s, and quite transparent.

I'd say go for it and try it for yourself.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
          X